Chapter 13

===Jack===

Darkness. It was all I could see. But, I could hear voices, arguing and bickering all around me. I feel something soft beneath me, fuzzy and comfortable. I tried moving, and suddenly I hear gasps and footsteps on a wooden floor, and more arguing.

"See what you did, Bunny? You woke him up!" A familiar Booming voice with a thick russian accent echoed in my ear..

"He should be resting after passing out in the middle of a blizzard and ulmost getting buried alive." A woman's voice was chastising as I hear something slap across something with hair.

"Actually, you all woke me up. All you guys were yelling -except for Sandy." I said groggily as I opened my eyes and sat up from the bed.

"How ya feelin', mate?" Bunny asked.

"Drained. Completely and utterly drained." I groaned as I stretched my sore limbs.

It was like I wrestled the yetis from how my body ached so much.

"With the performance you had out in the tundra, we figured. You were beltin' your heart out back there." Bunny told me, twirling one of his boomerangs.

"Yeah, I remember that. Don't really know what came over me." I admitted as I gratefully took the glass of water Tooth handed to me.

"What more do you remember?" Sandy signed.

"Everything from that moment. The choir of angels singing in my head, the woman's voice whispering in my ear to sing the song, the recurring melody being sung by that same voice. Lightning and Thunder from the far southwest. The song coming to me in a flash after that and me singing at the top of my lungs, the visions from sparkling snowflakes and running to a ledge of ice before.... I blacked out." I listed down for them.

The other guardians looked at each other befofe Bunny dropped it.

"Mate, that was three days ago."

Wait, what?

"I've been out for three days?" I asked them incredulously.

Sandy nodded sadly.

"We heard and saw all of those things, Jack. And, it was beyond anything we've ever seen before. It was.... similar to your kind of winter magic but, it was more magical." Tooth said to me as she sat on the bed.

"Well... what do they mean?" I asked them.

"Honestly. We don't know. It's what we've been trying to figure out for days." Tooth replied.

"But, we do know that you do have a much greater destiny. Manny showed us through the moon crystal. And it's the same thing that happened to the Fifth Spirit of Nature. And we think, she may be able to help you and that the answers are in the River of Memories -her location. " North added.

"Then, I'll go to her. Ask her if she knows what's going on with me and what my 'greater destiny' is." I said as I got up from the bed, only to black out for a second before I can see again and lose my balance, fallinh to the floor.

Luckily, Tooth and Bunny caught me and brought ne back to the bed.

"Not in this state you are, mate. You're still drained. A few more days in here should buck you up." Bunny told me.

"He's right. You need more rest if you want to take that journey by yourself." Tooth agreed.

"Wait, you're not coming?" I asked them confused.

And they all shook their heads.

"Jack, as much as we would love to join you, we can't. Manny specifically told us that you need to take this journey on your own to get the answers we need." North told me.

"He also mentioned something about you needing to figure things out on your own, and that it will be much easier for you." Sandy added, signing with his sand.

"Where do I even begin?" I asked them.

"Where else? Southwest." Sandy signed.

"Now, get some rest. You're gonna need all your strength for your journey, mate. I can tell it's gonna be an even wilder ride than wrangling gators." Bunny said as they piled out of my room, and left.

I didn't even realized how exhausted I still was until I closed my eyes and dozed off.

Three days passed before I felt like myself again. The soup that the yetis made really did the trick. I was feeling great.

North had the yetis made a whole new outfir for me. I still kept my worn out brown pants, but he made me a new hooded jacket. It was a light blue longsleeved shirt over a dark blue hooded vest with light blue piping and a white fabric around my waist secured by a leather belt with a silver arrow-head securing it in place, my hands covered with white cloth that makes me feel like I'm wearing fingerless gloves. A leather arm band on my right with a knife-holster, just in case. Finally, a leather-strap harness around my torso for my staff.

I gotta say, I looked amazing.

All the guardians were at the pole, to send me off. And I know, no other guardian would enjoy this moment than Bunny.

"Yoy sure you won't miss me too much, Peter Cottontail?" I decided to have a little fun.

"How's kicking your cocky arse the sooner the better out the pole sound to you?" He growled.

"Really, that much?" I smirked at him.

"Alright, alright. Enough." North got in between.

"Best get going Jack. Wouldn't want to get caught in big storm over the ocean, now do we?" He reminded me.

"Of course not. I'll see you guys later." I bid them as I flew out the window.

"Goodluck!" They hollered after me.

I just waved before I headed for the direction of Southwest -to the River of memories.

The flight was going smoothly, until thunder crashed and I started getting wet. I was already over the ocean and a storm was brewing. Damn it, North. You jinxed it!

I tried to keep my flight steady, but the wind was getting stronger. My hood fell from my head. I pressed on further, fighting against the rain, wind and towering waves. Up until I felt my staff get loose from it's strap.

"No!" I quickly turned around to grab it.

But, once I caught it, the wind knocked me into the cold and raging waters. I held on tightly to my staff as I struggled to keep by head above the water.

I was losing air fast, and I felt my consciousness slip away, as well as my sense of direction. I don't know which way is southwest anymore.

I was already seeing darkness when I hear something metal beating on the air and the roar of an unfamiliar animal come from above me. I still have a tight grip on my staff as I feel myself being lifted from the water and carried off somewhere.

The last thing I remember was seeing a leg made out of metal and two beings in front of me looking like they were made from the same thing before I saw darkness again.