Chapter 20

===Jack===

When I opened my eyes, I feel someone's warm breath on my face, and the sounds of something big breathing in front of me. A part of me says I should be scared. But, contrary to what my brain is telling me, I felt no fear at all. In fact, I felt.... safe.

When I opened my eyes, I saw.... dragons.... made of metal. Just like the one the girl from the diorama at the pole befriended in the past. Then, I remembered the storm. I heard something metal beating against the wind, and a pair of metal wings pulling me out of the water before I blacked out. They saved me.

Which means.... they can see me. But, how? It doesn't make sense.

I looked at the dragons in front of me, and they can clearly see me. And they pullrd me out of the stormy waters as if I were more human than spirit.

There were three of them. The one in front of me had blue eyes, the one on the right had green and the one on the left had purple eyes. The blue eyed one's scales were more a bluish silver. The green one was grayish. And the purple one was more of a white gold.

And they looked more worried at me than curious. The blue-eyed one nuzzled me to see if I was okay. Don't know how I knew that, I could just tell.

"Hey, hey. I'm fine. Don't worry." I assured him as I pet his head and stroked his cold and scaly head.

I felt something wooden on my hand, and I sighed in relief when I saw I was still holding on to my staff. Thank goodness I didn’t let go even if I was unconscious.

Suddenly, an image flashed before my eyes. A boy, looking around my physical age, with auburn hair that changed shade in the sunlight and green eyes that sparkled with passion, intelligence, and courage. It was just for a second, but when I closed my eyes, I can remember his face as if I saw it with my own two eyes. But, I never even met the guy before. He feels familiar, but I don't remember him from anywhere. I've lived for 300 years and remember every single day of it. And not once did I meet nor see him.

What could this mean?

Who could he be?

Why does his face feel like a memory?

I hear the dragons purring at me, bringing me out of my thoughts, and I  didn't stop the smile that crept to my face as I stroked their scales. I finally had the strength to stand up as they were purring around me.

"Thank you, by the way, for saving me from the storm." I thanked them, and they just licked me in reply.

The more I lookes at them, the more I can see how much they're different from each other. Like they have their own personalities.

The one with the purple eyes and white gold scales reminds me of the evening stars I see every night. It had a wistful and daydreamy vibe going on with it. It and the blue eyed one lookes more bulkier and stronger than the green eyed one - who looked smaller and slimmer. It tells me that it's a male dragon, and a name starting sparking in my head.

But, I thought of how they would be a little offended if I gave them names. Mostly because I might give them the wrong one.

"Okay, uh....I hope you guys don't mind if I named you. Since I get the feeling that we'll be spending quite some time together, I thought I'd call you something to we all won't get confused." I said to them.

They looked at each other before turning back to me, their eyes showing expectancy. Guess that's my cue.

"For you," I turned to the one with the purple eyes, "how's the name Vesper sound?" And he replied with a lick to my face.

"And you," I turned to the green-eyed female that just radiated pure beauty as her silver scales shone under the sunlight as if it were polished flawlessly, and carried an air of elegance and wit with her, "how about.... Callisto?" And she purred around my legs like a cat, telling me she likes it.

"Finally, for you," I turned to the blue-eyed male whose scales look like they were made of frosted ice and still looks like a newly sharpened sword, with mischief and bravery sparkling in his eyes, "how'd you like the name Iceblade?" And I knew he liked it because he tackled and licked me.

"Okay, okay. You're welcome." I said as I tried stopping him from licking me and started standing up.

As I picked up my staff and strapped it secure around my back, I saw the sky turning gray and rumbles echoing. It's gonna rain again.

"Looks like my journey towards the River of Memories is gonba have to wait. You guys know a place we can stay dry to wait out the storm?" I asked them.

And they led me through the jungle of the island towarda a cave. And right on time. When we got there, droplets were already falling from the sky. We quickly took cover, and they even made a fire.
Even though I'm used to the cold, it was a pretty thoughtful gesture. Guess I'm not the first person to know them.

As a thank you, I made snowflakes dance around in the air for them to play with. They both looked surprised at first, but they started chasing them around a cave. Since it was a pretty big cave, I had no trouble bringing the snowflakes all around the cave.

I didn't stop the laugh that escaped me as I watched at how adorable three big and powerful creatures can look like a bunch of clumsy puppies as they chased the snowflakes and tried eating them.

And that went on until the storm ended.

But the image of the guy with green eyes and what lies ahead of me at the River of Memories never escaped the back of my mind the whole time.