Chapter 45

=Hiccup=

What's wrong with Elsa? She's acting weird. I mean, I haven't known her that long. But dreamy eyes, excessive smiling, and the dazed sighs classify as weird. And she's been that way since we woke up.

Mom and Dad feel the same way I do. Everyone else, not so much. It's just the three of us who can tell Elsa's acting.... off. And we couldn't not keep it in.

"Is it just me or is Elsa acting kind of.... loopy?" Dad asked me and Mom after breakfast.

Elsa went with Aaron and Nikolai after eating. Thankfully the hunt went pretty quick yesterday and they found the journal in no time. And now, all they need to do is find the information on Arendelle in it. That meant me, Mom and Dad are left alone at home to talk about what was going on with her.

"You're not alone, dear. She's like she has her head in the clouds. What do you think happened last night?" Mom agreed.

Last night. Last night. Hmmmm. Then, something clicked.

Was I right about the theory I told her about yesterday- about her magic? It could explain her behavior, but I need to ask her for sure.

"I have a hunch on what happened to her last night. But, I need to talk to her to confirm it." I told them.

"What's the hunch?" Dad asked.

"It has something to do with her powers. It's just a theory when I came up with it with her yesterday. But, it might be confirmed with how she's acting since she woke up this morning." I answered.

"Can you ask her?" Mom asked me.

"I can try. But, I can tell it won't be easy when she's acting like Toothless high on Dragon Nip." I said as I left the house to find Elsa with my best friends.

=======================

"Hiccup! Hiccup! I have great news!" I hear Elsa calling for me from behind.

I was walking at the plaza, thinking of where I should start when I heard her voice. That didn't take much.

"What? What is it?" I asked her.

She looked so hyper and giddy. It was like she had a little too much sugar this morning.

"Did you eat any of Olga Ingerman's cookies? Because they are so sweet, you have energy enough for a whole day, you could run around the village and not get tired." I had to ask her.

"No no. I didn't have any cookies. We're heading to Arendelle today. I just spoke to your parents and the other chiefs because we found the quickest route to Arendelle. They're coming with us. Oh, and your old teammates and your dad's best friend are coming with us, too. Oh, I can't wait!"She was squealing, but I can hear what she said perfectly.

The gang, My aunt, uncle, godparents, my parents and Gobber are coming with me, Elsa, Aaron and Nikolai to Arendelle? That's..... a first.

"Really? They said that?" She nodded frantically in reply.

"Okay then. I guess we leave after lunch." I could only say, because the news was a little big to wrap my head around.

Then again, it would make sense. No doubt they already know how we almost drowned when we went the first time and they are not taking any chances. I guess Gothi was definitely wrong about going alone and she realized that.

Then, I was engulfed in a very tight hug. Not as bone crushing as I'm used to. But, I still had difficulty breathing.

"Okay. Elsa, okay." I barely said as I tried to get some air in my lungs.

"By the way, can I ask you what happened last night? Was my theory about your powers right?" I asked her as we walked towards the beach for some privacy.

The conversation we're about to have is strictly between us. No one can know about it. Not yet, anyway.

"You were absolutely correct. We met in the dream. We were in this ice castle that I built before. Oh, we really got along. It was so amazing. He was charming, playful, brave, funny, smart, slightly sarcastic. It was everything his memories showed me to be and more. And, it didn't feel weird or awkward at all. It was like we've known each other our whole lives. He could see through me, and I didn't mind. And his powers were so cool. Even cooler than mine. He can create lightning bolts of ice, beautiful pictures from frost, and he can even enchant snow to turn frowns on kids faces into smiles -bringing out the fun in them." She ranted.

I don't think she was breathing while she talked. If she were, I couldn't tell. She just went on and on. But, her words aren't what caught my attention.

It's the way she looked as she talked about the guy. Blue eyes sparkling, smile never faltering, cheeks blushing pink. Her voice airy and light, filled awe and adoration with every word. She was like an entirely different person as she spoke. One I know so well now.

I've seen that same look on Heather -especially when she talks about what she loves about me. Just the thought is making me miss her like crazy all of a sudden. Which turned into excitement because we're leaving for Arendelle today- one step closer to the River and reuniting with my beautiful warrior girlfriend.

Moreover, knowing what I do know from Elsa's behavior, not to mention her expression, I can definitely say that she is in love. It all checks out. This dream she had was clearly more than a dream. They actually met and established a real connection. I can only imagine what that's like for her.

And she isn't even aware of it.

Before we knew it, we were leaving. Dad left the village under Gothi's supervision -with Spitelout to help out. The moment Elsa heard that we were leaving, she went from dreamy helpless romantic to a toddler high on sugar with very little patience and a twitchy knee.

Good thing we're headed to her place. Maybe her family and friends there have something that can calm her down. She's is a force to be reckoned with, as I am starting to learn.