Chapter Eight

Laying there with Lori was a dream come true to me, I have been watching her for a year now wondering how I was going to get to know her, I know I put on an air in the office of not to talk to me for I was not about the drama that it would cause plus I only had eyes for Lori. 

I did not want her to get the idea that I was a player, she would not even give me the time of day if that was the case, till I saw her at the bar on her birthday, then both of our fates decided it was time for us to meet thankfully. Now I have this beautiful woman in my arms, and I swear she just told me she was falling in love with me, but I also know she was falling asleep when she said it, so I will not bring it up till she decides to.

 I could not sleep with her half on my body, it was not that I was uncomfortable, but this woman makes me so damn hard and plus I do not know how to tell her that she has a werewolf bloodline. Unfortunately, Derek is the alpha to where she came from, and oh so are your parents but they decided to never tell you since you never shifted on your sixteenth birthday, so they figured you were just human and your wolf was dormant or not even there, how do you tell someone this? Because I have no clue.

 We have tomorrow, and that's when we are going to have to sit and talk about all of this, for Derek pulled rank and let it out of the bag which he wasn't supposed to do and who does he think he is calling the mate card when in our packs we all know Derek and Lori are not mates. If she was his, she would have been drawn to him the way she is with me and I can tell with how my tone was today she was affected by it, but not that much, which has me wondering if there might be a tad bit of alpha in her blood. Would make her very rare, since there hasn't been an alpha female in over six hundred years.

 Listening to her slow and steady breathing I gently adjusted her so her head was on her pillow, and I could stretch out without interrupting her sleep, closing my eyes I fell asleep thinking about having her by my side for the rest of our lives and I was content and so was my wolf with that thought. 

Waking up to the smell of coffee and bacon was the most amazing thing I have woken up to, laying there just listening to Stephen move around the small kitchen, one day I swear I am going to get a kitchen that can hold at least two people I do not care about anything else at this point but the job I have I know I will not be able to get a place like that unless I save for the next twenty years. 

Thinking back on last night I know he needs to talk to me, but I do not know if I am ready for that kind of conversation honestly, after what Derek said rattled my brain good. I know he called me in since I was not feeling well and I am so thankful for that because I just could not see Derek right now, and what is with that "I am your alpha and mate" shit he was talking about, and how does he know my parents? I swear that man drives me nuts most days anymore.

 I know I am attracted to him, but what I seem to be developing with Stephen was a lot more than wanting sex with him even though sex with Stephen was out of this world kind, but I want more than just that. I know it is something a girl my age should not be worried about but for some reason I just need more in my life than a good time. Deciding to get up and take a shower before I ventured into the other room was a definite yes at this point right now. 

Walking into the bathroom and starting the shower I went into my small closet that could hold a shoe box did not leave me a lot of room but at least I could hang up about ten outfits on a good day. Picked out a decent top, one that is a dark red with lighter red roses on it outlines in black, this is one of my favorite tops for summer, nice and light and it did not hug my skin, but it was more flowing, and the sleeves only just barely came down past the shoulders. 

Going to my dresser I opened it and decided on a comfortable pair of cargo shorts that were black. Perfect pair for today, put them on the bed and figured the temperature of the water would be perfect. The water was so relaxing standing there with the hot water streaming over my muscles and it also gave me time to just escape the everyday demands to where I could shut off my mind and with the aromatherapy of the body washes, I used together put me at ease and make sure I took time to take care of myself.