Chapter Eighteen

When they got back to their quarters, Kylo carried Rey to his room and set her on his bed.

"Stay here, love, I'll go start you a bath." He stroked the side of her face before turning to leave.

"N-no! Stay with me! Please?" She whimpered.

"It's ok I'll only be gone for a few minutes. Why don't you snuggle into my sheets. They should smell like me."

Rey whimpered again and nodded. She laid back on his bed and he left for the bathroom. He started the bath and turned on the hot water. He put in some bubble mixture and scented oils to make her smell nice.

When he walked back into his room, he saw Rey completely wrapped up in his comforter. She looked like a burrito. It was so cute.

"Come on, Rey. Let's get you in the bath." He picked her up and carried her to the bathroom.

Rey was shaking so hard she couldn't stand, so Kylo had to help undress her which made rey cry from the flashbacks of what the man almost did to her.

Kylo helped her into the bath and put a cylinder shaped pillow under her head.

"How about we talk for a bit while you relax."

Rey nodded her head.

"I love you so much, Rey. So much that you'll never know just how much." He sighed. He picked up a loofa and asked, "May I?", Rey nodded and he gently lathered soap on her body.

"Why would anyone do that?" She asked through teary eyes.

"There are some sick people out there, my love, there are even people who want to harm you. That's why you must stay with me. I am the only one who can protect you, so you understand? Those people could be anywhere at anytime and they will not hesitate to hurt or kill you." Kylo explained. She was silent for a few minutes.

"Ben..." Rey murmured.

"Yes, Rey?"

"I'm scared." She whispered.

"I know. I can protect you and make you happy, don't worry." He smiled.

He knew very well that he was using her vulnerability to manipulate her into thinking she was at risk everywhere when not with him. He was making her think that she had to depend on him and that she was weak and nothing without him. And Rey couldn't stop herself from believing him.

"We should get you to bed." He said, grabbing a towel. He drained the water and wrapped his young fiancée in the big fluffy towel. He set her back on his bed and got one of his casual tunics for her to wear. It went down to her knees and one of her small shoulders hung out of the neck hole. Her hands were covered by the big, long sleeves. Kylo tucked her into his bed and covered her with blankets.

"Good night, sweetheart." He kisses her temple and he eased her mind into a deep sleep.

Once he was sure she was asleep, he put on a serious face and left their quarters and towards a certain cell 809 on cell block D.

——————
The cliffhanger is there to get you hyped for the next chapter. 😌

Hope you enjoyed!

Which story should I update next? 🤨
(Enemies to Sweethearts is now on hold btw)