𝓢𝓬𝓮𝓷𝓮 𝟒𝟔

Start from the beginning

"Thank you, master," Astrid replied gratefully as she looked up to gaze into Master Secura's hazel eyes. 

Master Secura smiled before saying, "Call me, Aayla. We're companions now. You are no longer my Padawan, but a grown Jedi Knight." She smiled wistfully. "I remember when you were but eight years old. Just a tiny little thing. Now, you're twenty years old." 

"Twenty and a half," Astrid corrected with a laugh. 

Master Secura-- Aayla-- smiled softly. 

Her master opened her mouth to respond when, suddenly, her comlink began to beep loudly, causing Astrid to flinch. Master Secura glanced down at the comlink before standing with an apologetic smile. "I have to go. The Council is summoning me." 

Astrid nodded in understanding as her curiosity piqued. What could the Council want to discuss? There must be a new, unexpected development in the Clone Wars. 

Master Secura answered Astrid's unspoken question when she added, "I believe the Council wants to send me to the Outer Rim to help with the Outer Rim sieges." She smiled slightly as she added, "I might need your help in the Outer Rim later."

Astrid nodded eagerly, happy to help the Republic in whatever way she could. Master Secura dipped her head in goodbye before she exited the room, leaving Astrid to sit alone in the room upon her plush cushion. Well, if Astrid was already here in a meditation room, then she might as well meditate. She definitely needed it anyway. Anakin's despair over Ahsoka's departure had made her more stressed than usual.

Astrid rested her hands loosely on her knees as she closed her eyes and allowed the Force to flow through her. Fully engulfed in the Force, Astrid could hear the playful shouts of the Padawans training outside in the temple's inner courtyard, the hum of the starships zooming through Coruscant, and the electronic whir of the capital city. 

Suddenly, a scene flashed across Astrid's vision, one of idyllic beaches and clear, turquoise water that shimmered in the warm, temperate sun. She felt instantly at peace, her entire body relaxing at the strangely familiar sight. She flinched as the calm scene was quickly replaced by a scene of war. Thick, grey smoke rose into the balmy air as bombs exploded all around her, shaking the ground with the ferocity of their blasts. Jungle trees collapsed with plumes of sand, and blackened craters pocketed the sandy beaches from missile fire. 

In the distance, jutting into the sky, was a grey tower, and as Astrid's gaze turned to the smoke-filled sky, she caught sight of a orange shield encasing the entire planet save for one singular opening through which several ships flew towards the tower.

The smoke clogged Astrid's airway, suffocating her. Blaster fire rang out around her, and Astrid reached for her lightsaber, only to find she didn't have the strength to do it. Her limbs felt sluggish and her mind, foggy. She collapsed breathlessly to the ground. 

Suddenly, the scene shifted once more, and Astrid found herself walking up to the Jedi Temple with a squadron of clones marching behind her. Above, a tower of grey smoke plumed from the temple. When she looked down at herself, she found herself gazing at dark clothes and a certain, familiar black glove on her right hand. 

She thought she heard screaming in the distance, and Astrid distantly realized the screaming was coming from her. 

Again, the scene changed, and Astrid found herself next to Master Secura in a planet full of glowing, colorful plants. Clones stood all around them with their blaster guns aimed towards the two of them, and Astrid let out a shout of horror and terror as the clones released their blaster fire upon her and Master Secura. Pain blossomed in her stomach as Astrid fell to the moist ground. She screamed as she clutched at her stomach with trembling hands, watching as warm blood pooled around her and seeped into the soft dirt--