05 - Lovers Quarrel

Butler David straightened his tailcoat before knocking on the Madame's door. 

K n o c k   k n o c k

"Madame, I have the recent records of the--"

"Yes, yes. Come in," Lucy's voice sighed.

He slowly opened the door, and walked up to the her desk. However, the stacks of paper piled up on the desk, hid Lucy's face.

"M-Madame...--"

"Just leave them on that pile over there," She mumbled, as the sound of her ink pen scratching paper became louder.

"Madame...I don't think this is something we can just cast aside," Butler David hesitated.

Lucy looked at him through the crack of the piles. "Go on then."

He heaved a sigh of relief. "We have received a report on the conditions of the local orphanage."

"Alright, bring it here."

. . .

"What's the meaning of this?" Lucy asked.

"A-ah...the Emperor is meant to check the local orphanage one or twice a month to check it's condition. However, the Emperor, he..." David dwindled off his sentence.

Hey, hey, hey, hey! I know the Emperor is domineering, but I thought he was doing his job! How irresponsible!

Lucy peered at the documents Butler David handed over to me. She glanced over it once again.

"ℭ𝔥𝔦𝔩𝔡𝔯𝔢𝔫 𝔞𝔯𝔢 𝔤𝔦𝔳𝔢𝔫 𝔣𝔬𝔬𝔡 𝔢𝔳𝔢𝔯𝔶 𝔬𝔱𝔥𝔢𝔯 𝔡𝔞𝔶. 𝔗𝔥𝔢𝔦𝔯 𝔪𝔢𝔞𝔩 𝔦𝔰 𝔰𝔱𝔞𝔭𝔩𝔢, 𝔦𝔱 𝔦𝔫𝔠𝔩𝔲𝔡𝔢𝔰 𝔞𝔩𝔩 𝔱𝔥𝔢 𝔫𝔢𝔠𝔢𝔰𝔰𝔞𝔯𝔶 𝔫𝔲𝔱𝔯𝔦𝔢𝔫𝔱𝔰. 𝔗𝔥𝔢𝔶 𝔡𝔬𝔫'𝔱 𝔥𝔞𝔳𝔢 𝔞 𝔫𝔞𝔫𝔫𝔶, 𝔫𝔬𝔯 𝔞 𝔰𝔲𝔭𝔢𝔯𝔳𝔦𝔰𝔬𝔯--𝔱𝔥𝔢𝔯𝔢𝔣𝔬𝔯𝔢, 𝔱𝔥𝔢𝔯𝔢 𝔞𝔯𝔢 𝔫𝔬 𝔯𝔢𝔰𝔱𝔯𝔦𝔠𝔱𝔦𝔬𝔫𝔰 𝔬𝔫 𝔴𝔥𝔞𝔱 𝔱𝔦𝔪𝔢 𝔱𝔥𝔢𝔶 𝔞𝔯𝔢 𝔞𝔩𝔩𝔬𝔴𝔢𝔡 𝔱𝔬 𝔰𝔱𝔞𝔶 𝔬𝔲𝔱. ℜ𝔢𝔤𝔞𝔯𝔡𝔦𝔫𝔤 𝔱𝔥𝔢𝔦𝔯 𝔰𝔩𝔢𝔢𝔭 𝔰𝔠𝔥𝔢𝔡𝔲𝔩𝔢, 𝔱𝔥𝔢𝔶 𝔰𝔩𝔢𝔢𝔭 𝔬𝔫 𝔥𝔞𝔶 𝔟𝔢𝔡𝔰 ..."

What...?

𝕹𝖚𝖒𝖇𝖊𝖗 𝖔𝖋 𝖈𝖆𝖘𝖊𝖘 𝖎𝖓 𝖙𝖍𝖎𝖘 𝖋𝖆𝖈𝖎𝖑𝖎𝖙𝖞: 16
Supervisor: 𝕳𝖆𝖓𝖘 𝖉𝖊 𝕱𝖊𝖑𝖑𝖊𝖚𝖗

Baring her teeth, she clenched the paper in her hands, causing it to crinkle.

"M-Madame--?"

Lucy shot up, and glared at David. He flinched as she hastily gathered all the documents in her hands, and stormed her way to the Emperor's office.

The two guards, who were leaning lousily against the wall, straightened up quickly as the Madame came into sight.

"M-Miss, you can't enter right now, the Emperor is busy with some important matters at the moment," the left guard spoke.

"And why not? I have something to consult with the Emperor," Lucy glared.

"I'm sorry Miss. But these rules were set by the Emperor himself," the right guard sweat nervously.
(A/N: Yes, sweat is past tense for sweat :>)

"I'm sure if the Emperor had any respect for me, His Wife, and dignity for himself, he'd let me in---!"

"It's alright, she's allowed to enter," a voice boomed.