04 - Hard on the Outside, Soft in the Inside

A little smutty at the end.⚠

At Night in Lucy's Chambers

"Madam, did you know that your ceremony with the Emperor is right around the corner!?

"C-ceremony...?" I jolted.

"Yes! Oh! How I can't wait to bathe you in rose petals from the East!" One maid sang, dancing around the room. "Right! We need to pretty you up, that way, the Emperor himself will be impressed!"

"Ohoho~! Did you hear, that you guys have to complete the marriage conclusion after marriage?" I froze where I was.

"Shhh! Suzhan, we don't discuss things like this near the Empress!"

"..."

That's right. On our wedding night, the Emperor didn't even come to visit me at all. He claimed to have used his work as an excuse, which made the previous me wait all night for him on our wedding bed.

"I-I'm really sorry, Miss! Please don't fire me!" She shook, as she bowed in front of me.

"No, no. It's quite alright. Get up."

It was silent for a few seconds before one maid spoke up.
"Oh gosh! I should tell one of the Emperor's servant's to tell the Emperor to go easy on you, Madam~ Aiya~" A maid cooed.

"After all, it will be your first time~" Another maid gawked. "Hmmm~ How scandalous~"

I looked in the mirror with a stoic face.

"Though, this is quite surprising, My Lady," Levy spoke softly.

"Hm?" I asked. I stared at her through the mirror whilst she braided my hair.

"Out of all these months you and the Emperor have been married, not once has he ever called for you. Why does he suddenly call for you now?" She said. I looked at her in surprise, before sighing.

"I honestly don't know~" I hummed.

"Not only that, but he called you to HIS chambers, at MIDNIGHT! KYA~!" A freckled maid squealed, covering her face with her hands.

I know these maids have their heads in the clouds most of the time, but it's high time I remind them of the rough reality of this world. Not everything is as easy as they think it is.
"Look, my maids. I'm not in control of what happens. I doubt the Emperor's going to do anything. Maybe he wants to talk about politics with me. Besides, there are no mutual feelings between us."

The whole room went silent, and the air turned dreary.
I looked around me and saw the maid's looks of guilt and defeat.

Gosh...! Now I spoiled the atmosphere.

"W-well, whatever happens, happens," I stuttered as I put on airs.

The eyes if the maids in the room sparkled and they all squealed.
"Oho~ Miss has no shame~ She's not even denying it!"

"Ok then, let's not waste anymore time! We need you to wear your new nightgown!" Levy said.

"New nightgown...? But I already have many of those..." I asked with a confused expression. "Who ordered a new nightgown for me?"

"Oh, that would be me." My head shot around to Levy.

"What?"
She began to speak casually.
"I put in a request to the Emperor and he granted it, so..."

"Without my consent?! Levy!" I was about to reprimand her before she spoke up.

"Miss, why don't you wear the dress first before reprimanding me?" She smiled.