d. k. (i insist)

<quirk: unspecified>
-triggers: light cursing-

I insist

I hurried to the book store. The newest hero comics came out at 5:30 this morning, and I wanted to get to the store ASAP.

I sped up my walking pace and soon began to run. As soon as I made it to the glass door of the small shop, I flung the door open.

The book shop was relatively empty at the moment. There was only a middle-aged woman with a little boy who looked to be about 10 or 11 and an older woman browsing through the cookbooks.

I headed over to the comic section near the register, but the hero comic display wasn't anywhere in sight. I cursed under my breath and looked over to the register.

"Cmon, (y/n)! You've been waiting 2 months for this comic, just ask the dude at the desk, you coward!"

I told myself. I looked down after taking a quick glance at the boy behind the counter. He was probably my age, maybe a little older.

I took a few deep breaths, puffed my chest, and started to walk to the register. Upon arriving at the desk, the teenager didn't look up from his phone. I cleared my throat to get his attention.

"I- um- excuse me?"

The bored boy looked up.

"You need something?"

His tone was sassy. I winced a little.

"Y-yes. I- Could- the- maybe- over- there?"

"Jeez, (y/n), pull yourself together! This guy isn't even cute! Cmon just ask for the comic and-"

"Do you have the newest hero comic, sir?"

I looked over after being startled out of my thought. There was another boy, my age, blonde hair with a black streak, overall he was sorta cute.

The annoyed cashier looked back at me.

"You looking for the same thing, Stutters?"

I smiled sheepishly and twirled my hair a bit.

"Yes."

The freckled employee sighed and dramatically stood from his chair.

"I'll have to check the back."

The blonde boy next to me nodded and so did I. We waited in silence until the cashier came a book with only one copy in his hand.

"So, like, this is the only one we have left. I don't care who gets it, just hurry up."

I looked over to the blonde and opened my mouth to speak.

"Dibs!"

"What a jerk."

"Is that allowed?"

I whispered under my breath. I shook my head and ran my fingers through my hair.

"Ok, then."

I grasped my backpack straps tighter and made my way out of the store. I'm sure that I could find the book on Amazon or something.

I stopped a few feet outside the door and began to check my phone. I scrolled through eBay and Amazon looking for the comic. About a minute later, the shop's bell rang again and someone tapped my shoulder.

"Hey, so I feel super bad about sort of stealing the book from you. Um, I want to apologize, so I want you to have the comic."

The same boy who called 'dibs' from earlier was standing behind me with a blush on his face. He held the bag out.

"Oh, no, no, no, no- I couldn't take it from you."

"Actually, I want you to have it. As an apology gift y' know?"

I nodded and took off my bag, unzipping it as well.

"Here, um... take 20$, you paid for it after all."

The boy pushed the bills back towards me and smiled.

"No, I'm okay. It's on the house."

"But- but.."

"Nope! I insist!"

The boy put the bag on the ground and ran away. He turned around and waved at me with a heavy blush on his face.

I smiled and waved back, confused. I shoved the comic bag into my own bag and began the walk back to my house.

I smiled and plopped onto my couch, book store bag in my arms. I took a breath in and then let it out. I whipped the comic out of the bag and squealed.

When I opened the first page of the book, a small sheet of paper fell out.

"What the..."

I tilted my head in confusion and picked up the paper. I turned it over and read what was scribbled onto the back.

"To the cute girl at the book store.
Hey, you probably didn't find this note...or you threw it away... Anyways, if you're reading this... My name is Denki Kaminari, and I'm the jerk that kinda basically stole this book from you. um, anyway, I thought you were super pretty and chill, and I would like to get to know you! Call me, if you want, no pressure!
xxx-xxx-xxxx
From: that one book store jerk"

I smiled, blushed, and pulled out my phone. I typed in his number, named his contact, and sent a text.

{with Denki}

unknown:
Hey, this is 'the cute girl from the book store.' I found your note, it was sweet. My name is, (y/n) btw. call me sometime.

I stared down at my phone screen. I could feel my cheeks getting hot and I smiled really big. The only thing going through my head right now was.

"Holy shit! A cute girl texted me..."

I had to put my hand over my mouth to stop the happy scream threatening to escape.

<wow... Don't ask, idk either... um, this is literally just a filler chapter. It's unedited and crappy but like... idc? have a good night ~Tink✨🧚🏼‍♀️>

• word count: 925 •