d. k. (alone)

<despite what the title says, this will not be a sad Oneshot. Alrighty.>

<quirk: unspecified>
-triggers: light cursing and flirting-

alone

Denki walked into the common room hoping to find his friends. He looked around at the empty room and sweatdropped.

"Wow. Guess everyone's holed up in their rooms."

The boy chuckled lightly and flopped down on the couch. He scrolled through his phone for a few minutes before sitting up and looking around.

clang

Denki rolled off the couch. He looks towards the kitchen where the sound came from. The lights were off. Denki crept towards the kitchen being as quiet as possible.

Denki could make out a silhouette of a person. The shadow was looking through the fridge. Thinking it was a villain, Denki activated his quirk slightly and moved to attack the person.

"Gotcha!"

Denki shouted and reached forward to grab the person.

(y/n) screamed. She turned around and whacked her attacker with the milk carton she had been holding.

"What the hell, Denki!"

The girl whisper shouted at the boy, who was now on the floor rubbing his head.

"(y/n)?"

The boy looked up at her and smiled sheepishly.

"I didn't know it was you. The lights were off and I didn't hear you come in."

"That's because I was here before you, Sparky."

Denki laughed while (y/n) helped him up. The girl turned back towards the open fridge and began to reorganize it again.

Denki watched her for a while with admiration in his eyes. Denki had been crushing on the (h/c) haired girl for the longest time. He never had the courage to ask her out though.

"Denki, you've been staring at me for the past 5 minutes what do you want."

The girl turned around after closing the fridge and put her hands on her hips. Denki snapped out of his daze at the sound of her scolding. He looked down at her before smirking lightly.

"Well, I was thinking,"

Denki stepped closer to (y/n) and moved a stray piece of hair behind her ear. He brought his voice down to a loud whisper and looked at her with half-lidded eyes.

"Since we're all by ourselves-"

The girl's eyes widened slightly and she blushed. Pushing him away she said.

"Quit toying with me. Just go annoy Bakugou or something."

She turned away from him to hide her face. Denki laughed and put his hand on her shoulder.

"I was just teasing you, (y/n)! You need to lighten up a bit. Smile that adorable smile of yours."

(y/n) stiffened and Denki blushed. They both tried to comprehend what just came out of Denki's mouth. The boy began to apologize.

"I'm so sorry, (y/n). I wasn't thinking. It just kind of slipped out and I-"

"Do you mean it.."

"What?"

"Do you really think my smile is cute."

(y/n) turned back around and looked at the flustered boy in front of her. Denki was surprised. He hadn't planned his confession to go like this. In fact, he hadn't planned to confess at all. He looked away from the girl's hopeful eyes.

"I do."

(y/n) smiled and hugged him. Denki froze before returning the embrace. She giggled and thanked him quietly.

The two teens stood in each other's arms for a few minutes before an alarm on (y/n)s phone went off.

"Sorry, I have to go now."

(y/n) said pulling away from the hug. Denki already missed her warmth.

"That's ok."

It was the only thing Denki could have thought to say. He smiled sadly at her. He waved as she began to walk out of the kitchen.

"Oh! One more thing,"

(y/n) said and turned around.

"I wouldn't mind being alone with you again, Denki."

The girl winked at him and started walking away again. Denki froze. He realized the opportunity and ran after the girl, blushing.

"Hey (y/n)! Wait up! I want to ask you something!"

<do you ever sing a song in your head and then in the middle of your song you have the weirdest thoughts? ~Tink ✨🧚🏼‍♀️>

• word count: 694 •