Big Plans

After I got dressed, Asher led me to his car.

Our first stop was to the prison to question the rouge. After that he would call a small meeting to sweep the territory and change the rounds.

"I'll have Ryan come to the prison to watch you while I talk to the rouge."

"Why can't I talk to him with you?"

"Because he could be dangerous."

"I'm sure I could defend myself. Have a little faith."

"It's not that I don't have faith in you, I just don't want you to get hurt. Rogues are dangerous."

"I laugh in the face of danger. In fact, danger is my middle name."

"I don't think Sophia Danger Davis suits you."

"My last name is Adams, excuse you!"

"For now, but not for much longer."

Don't let his stupid comments distract you Carter! Hmm. Think, Think, Think.

"I'm a rouge." This is a shot in the dark.

"What?"

"I'm a rouge."

"No, you're my mate."

"Well technically I never joined your pack and my dad did have me removed from Red Winds."

Asher is totally getting frustrated. He looks cute when he's frustrated. His face gets all squished up. It's like an angry puppy, I know him too well to actually get intimidated by him.

"We'll talk about this later. Ryan is watching you."

"You've been acting really strict lately. We go from ditching school together, to you giving me orders. I'm not just some pack member for you to boss around, in fact, I'm not a pack member at all."

"Carter, I'm just trying to keep you safe." He sighed. He'll be giving in any minute now.

"And you can! It's not like I'm going to be alone with the rouge. I'll be right next to you the whole time."

"It may not be possible for you to be next to me the whole time."

"What's the worst that could happen?"

"That rouge attacks you and ends up killing you which leads to the death of the rouge and myself. That's three lives."

"If that rouge attacks me, I'll just attack him back. I specialize in the art of ass kicking."

"Is that why Ashley broke your fist?"

"She didn't break my fist. Well, nevermind, her face is hard okay? Your lack of faith in me is a giant blow to my ego."

"Your ego is over inflated as it is."

"Hey! It's not my fault I'm perfect!"

"See?"

"Whatever, that's not the point. The point is I'll be fine. Stop worrying so much."

I could see his resolve wavering. It's bad that I take advantage of him so much, but he genuinely wants to make me happy. I guess you can say I exploit his kindness.

I reached over and grabbed his hand with both of mine and started rubbing random patterns on it.

"Please?"

He sighed heavily. "You will be the death of me." He quietly murmured.

"So, is that a yes?"

"It's a yes."