Old Habits Die Hard

"This isn't going to work if neither of you don't start talking."

I was sitting at the end of the table, and Ashley was sitting across from me. Asher decided we needed to bond because I would become Luna soon and I needed to get along with Ashley and Chase.

Fuck that.

"I have nothing to say to her." Ashely said looking down at the table.

"Same."

"Guys, we need to discuss the tension between you two."

"Okay sure. Ashley is a bitch. She's been a bitch ever since I showed up. I did nothing. End of story."

"No," Ashely said looking up and glaring at me, "she shows up, trying to take over my life. Stealing everything from me."

"I didn't steal shit." I exclaim thrown my hand up

"You took my brother, my dad, my mate."

"Wait what? You have a mate?" I asked.

"No."

"But you said-"

"Shut up." She scrunched her face in anger.

"Stop bickering!" Asher screamed in his alpha voice.

Me and Ashley both leaned back in our seats and glared at eachother.

"Okay. Let's focus on specific things that the other person does. Then we'll go from there."

"She's a slut." I said bluntly.

Ashely was about to stand up but Asher pushed her back down.

"Carter, I said specific things, and you can't go around calling people sluts! I thought we talked about that."

"She looks like a five dollar whore. I mean, she doesn't wear clothes and her makeup doesn't blend into her neck."

"At least I look like a girl."

Mother fucker.

"Calm down guys. Carter, that's not a valid reason to hate someone."

"It is in girl world."

He turned his attention to Ashley, apparently giving up on me for now. "What does she do to you?"

"She walks around with you wrapped around her man fingers and treats you like shit. She's just using you Asher, it's so obvious."

"If you can't already tell, he's my mate, and I love him. I'm not using him and I don't treat him like shit."

"Yes you do! He breaks he back and bends over backwards to make you happy and to please you, but you do nothing for him."

"Stop it. We are not here to talk about Carter and my relationship. We're here to make sure you and Carter don't kill each other."

"I don't see how this is going to work." I spoke up.

"Apologize to eachother."

"But I'm not sorry."

"Neither am I." Ashley said from the end of the table.

"You girls hate each other for no reason. It's about time you realize that it's pointless to hate each other."

"Pointless? Probably. But Asher honey, there's just some people that piss you off. Im sorry, your sister is one of those people. Once you and I move out next month, I'm sure we'll be able to coexist."

"You're moving out next month?"

"That's the plan. Our house should be finished by then." Asher said, addressing his sisters question.