Rumor Has It

I was currently standing in the driveway, waiting for Jay to show up. I had tried to call him but all of my calls went unanswered.

Asher had came outside after I had been standing there for a while.

"Why are you just standing out here?" He asked.

"My ride never showed up."

"Do you want another ride?"

"Yea. I should honestly just get a car instead of mooching rides off of you and Jay." Honestly, I'm a strong and independent woman! I don't need his help all the time, and I wish he would just let me do things on my own sometimes.

"I don't mind."

I arrived to school slightly early due to how fast Asher drives. On the way to my locker, I noticed many people openly staring and whispering as I walked by.

Weird.

After closing my locker, I started heading to Geography. The halls had filled up significantly now and even more people were staring.

Am I missing something? I know I'm hot, but God these stares are making me uneasy!

I went up to a random girl with glasses who was standing alone.

"Hey you, do you know why everyone is staring at me?"

She looked completely scared by me. Fear radiated off her in waves. "I-I don't know."

She was staring at the ground and stuttering.

"I think you're lying."

"Please don't hurt me! I really don't know! If I did, I swear I would tell you."

Before I could question her further, the bell rang and she ran off down the hall.

Oh well. I'll find out eventually. No use stressing over stupid things all day.
-----------------------------

I was walking down the hall to go to lunch. I haven't seen Jay all day. Why hasn't he been at school? He would tell me if he had plans right? If I find out he ditched to have fun without me, I swear I will castrate him.

When I looked up I saw Lillian running down the hall towards me. It's been a while since I last saw her, and I kind of missed her little human timidness. It's a good thing she's here though, because now I don't have to eat lunch alone.

"Is it true? Are the rumors true?" She excitedly bounced.

"I haven't seen you in days and that's the first thing you say to me?"

"Hi. So are they true?"

"What rumors are you taking about?"

"Are you hooking up with Asher?"

She had to be joking. This has to be a joke. Am I on pranked? Will I finally meet Aston?

"No, I'm not hooking up with him. We're just friends."

"That's not what he's been saying."

"What do you mean?"

"A few girls asked him if you guys were together and he said yes. People are saying you've been sleeping with him ever since you arrived and that's why he's all over you all the time"

I stared past Lillian for a few seconds. Rage filled my body and I clenched my fists. What part of 'just friends' didn't this guy get? Now the whole school probably thinks I'm a bigger floosy than they already did! Knowing how the rumor mill works, I bet people think I'm pregnant with his love child.