Part 20 "Time is ticking by"

Start from the beginning

"You still like Liam?" you ask, she nods shamefully, and you sigh.

"Listen, maybe let him decide, once he sees Mali doesn't like him back he'll give up probably and then both of you will move on since it's not good to be the second best, never..." you look away at the last few words of the sentence. You heard a low whimper from her.

"I-, okay" that's all she says, you pat her shoulder moving your gaze to her again.

"Just please don't hurt you or my brother, this is all I'm asking" you offer her a shy smile, but all she does is nod.

"Are we still good?" you question, getting worried that you may have damaged how she sees you.

"Yes, God, of course Willow. You're just looking after everybody" she says, finally having the courage to face you. You hug it out and pull away not too long after.

"But you can't always look after everyone" she says quickly, getting up and going back in the hotel.

"But I can try..." you whisper as you look at the ground. Your mark tingles you a little bit as you say that, so you turn your head behind you.

"Calum?" you question as the curly haired boy came your way.

"Are you okay? I felt that you're upset" he says, his brown eyes searching yours as he sits down next to you. He may have wore a jacket over his T-shirt but came in some black shorts ignoring the windy evening.

"I'm fine, just had a talk with Sarah" you breathe out, he wraps an arm around you bringing your head on his chest.

"I saw her walk back, but I had to check on you either way" he explains, his fingers going through your hair and you smile at that.

"Thank you Cal, I'm better now" you say, he leans down to kiss you and it just makes it better.

"Well, tell me about it" he urges as he lety you go. You sit up straight and tell him about your little talk.

"She's an adult, babe and your brother can take care of himself. If they can't settle this then we can't either, but you're still amazing for  talking to her" Calum finishes after you've concluded the story.

"Yeah, you're right as always. Let's go back to sleep" you smile and he takes your hand going back inside.

***

"Turn on the fucking TV!" Luke shouts as he enters your room, startling all the girls. It was the morning of the day you had to go to New York and it had been pretty chill so far since you woke up at five. But now, an hour later, ready to go, looks like something else came up.

"Where's the remote?!" Crystal shouts frustrated.

"I've got it!" Mali says turning the old, small TV on. Your gaze switches from the TV to the door as the rest of the guys pile in, bodies very tense which meant something was definitely very wrong. You all stared at the TV, your eyes wide as you heard what the reporter said.

"Dear people, it looks like our agony is over, the SLA science company, or the supernatural laboratory of animals has caught the feisty beasts. Not all of them, but still an impressive eleven, these wolves will be transferred over to their main laboratory in New York, in which they will inspect and learn more about them. Five of them are from Australia the other six are from America. We're going over in Sydney live from outside the military airport, over to you Angela-" your breath hitched, this is some sick trick, it's not real.