Chapter Fifty Four - Past

Victoria

Everything around me was happening too fast.

I was being rushed to the hospital and in the background I heard Archer saying something to me but I was far too numb with the pain to hear his voice, it sounded too distant.

I didn't know why...

I had a bad feeling about everything.

Throughout the ride in the car, I kept mumbling 'Tyler wouldn't do this to me.' again and again like a broken record. I kept saying it until I convinced myself to believe it even though it wasn't true.

I saw Tyler in the hospital standing in the corner staring at me. I saw my name on his mouth, he was calling out to me but I tuned it out because the last thing I needed right now was to see his face. The final parts of the diary had proved that he could never love me the way I needed him to; he'd used me for his advantage which was some twisted fairytale about building a life with me because he couldn't live with someone else.

I'd seen movies in which a girl gets stuck in a toxic relationship with a guy that she loves, and I always thought I'd never become that person.

And now that girl was me.

Sometimes life plays ugly games with us.

Tyler was with me the entire time, throughout hours of pain, he held my hand in a tight grip while I gave birth, and at that moment I let him stay close to me because I was weak and in a vulnerable state that demanded someone's attention. I was far too caught up in the moment to concentrate on being mad at him. I could think about that later.

"Why isn't she responding? Is she going to die?" I heard Tyler whisper, his voice sounded anguished. "Why can't she hear me, Mom?"

"We should let Vicky rest..." I heard Mrs. Lockhart's soft comforting voice. "She just gave birth, honey, she's tired. Let's go wait outside."

"But I heard some doctors say that she was too weak to give birth, what does that mean?"

Mrs. Lockhart said something that I couldn't hear.

"No, I'm not leaving here." He said adamantly.

I could see a faint silhouette of Tyler by my bedside.

I opened my eyes and looked at him and everything started coming back to me. Mrs. Lockhart kissed my forehead and walked out of the hospital room giving us privacy.

Tyler smiled, "Hey beautiful," he caressed my cheek softly; "You scared me."

The room was filled with flowers, stuffed toys, and balloons.

"Where's my baby?"

"Ours," He corrected, "We have a baby girl, Vicky. And she's so sweet and adorable. Everyone is saying that she has your nose and she has my eyes."

I couldn't believe it when I was holding the little girl in my arms. She looked like an angel, and I was hyperventilating about the fact that I'd made someone. I'd given birth. This little human was a part of me.

Tears gathered in my eyes and spilled uncontrollably, and no matter how old you are when you become a mother, you get the instinct to want to protect your baby at all costs. She had a round face, fuzzy blonde hair, and clear blue eyes. She was my little doll.

Nursing the baby was the nicest feeling.

"Vicky, can we talk?" Tyler asked me.

I'd forgotten he was even here.

I glanced up at him. He was giving me the puppy-eyed look again, Honor's father, and the boy who'd contributed to making her.

Her name would be Honor because I was honored to be her mother.