Chapter Twenty Nine - Past

Warning: Chapter gets steamy ;)

Victoria

Punching T.J and getting his tooth loose from his jaw had landed Tyler in the Principal Wallace's office. I was feeling jittery the entire time that Ty was behind that door because I was the main reason he had gotten into trouble. I wished I had some balls to insult T.J back instead of just emptying a milk carton on his head. That was lame if I should admit myself.

Instead, I'd sat outside the office, trying to listen to any bit of information I pick from the conversation and failing miserably. I'd heard from someone that the principal's office was a soundproof room. I didn't even want to know what happened there. Principal Wallace was a man who was popular for his taking-no-shit from anyone attitude. Most kids liked him and respected him a lot which was why I trusted that he would take the right decision where Tyler was concerned.

But not all right decisions had a good result.

No matter what the situation had been, Tyler had done wrong.

* * *

Tyler

There were things that I'd learned from my father; the art of manipulation was one of those. Mom on the other hand, she'd tell me something else.

Dad's advice: "You can see when a person can be easily manipulated, Tyler. Use those instincts and that pretty face to your advantage. With power, nothing is impossible."

Mom's advice: "People are vulnerable; you can't use their weaknesses against them, honey. Instead learn to suppress that bad energy, use it towards something else; something beautiful."

Sorry Mom, but that shit ain't happening, at least not right now when my ass was parked uncomfortably in the seat across from principal. Who the hell made these seats? Certainly, they weren't made for massive sized hockey players. And why the fuck was I even complaining about some seats when I had more obvious reasons to worry about.

Principal Wallace cleared his throat. "Mr. Lockhart, I'll cut right to the chase. It has come to my attention that you've been harassing your fellow school mates. There have been cases of you beating them up and threatening them. I would like to know why you would do such a thing."

"T.J was making a sexual joke about my girlfriend right in front of my team. As a team Captain, I realized I had to take some disciplinary action since the school clearly fails to do so. I don't understand what's wrong with that."

"If you have a problem with someone, Tyler, you come to me. You can't take matters into your own hands."

I sat cross-legged and Wallace's eyes swiftly went there. He was taking notes of my body language and I was giving him a clear message that I wasn't scared or intimidated by him.

He looked up at me, "This time you went too far and the boy's family wants to press charges. If worst comes to worst, we'll be forced to suspend you from school and that means you won't be Captain of the Hockey team anymore."

My hands were balled into fists. I'd lost control in public, I could have killed that motherf**ker but stopped only because Vicky was sobbing and clawing at me. Right now, I wasn't scared of the consequences, just furious that I hadn't killed T.J when I'd first got the chance.

Play your cards right, Tyler. You can pull through this.

"My father will put me on a skewer and grill me alive if I'm suspended," I said. "What's the other alternative?"