Chapter 27

Chapter 27

She did not have the one thing only I could possess, and in that thought was my victory.

Kiara

6th May 2019, Monday
14:30

My jaw dropped when I saw what Shay had done. She managed to 're-create Ash' as everyone was talking at the school. Re-create. I scoffed. It was a great thing, what she did but had I known her plans, I would have kept one eye open all the time.

"Wonderful, isn't it?" Nolan muttered. "Despite your actions."

I scowled at him. "Do you seriously think I have any role in this?"

He had been awfully scornful since Saturday. I told him he could return the paintings if he felt burdened. It wasn't that, he had said. Now I knew it was this. We'll, I'd be lying if I said I wasn't impressed or angry. My ego was bruised. I took all this effort to get Ash's paintings only for Shay to replace them so soon. In less than a day, she did it. I applauded her for that. Half of the paintings here were not even there with me. I would also like to thank her for ruining my friendship with Nolan, the one thing that wasn't intoxicated with her.

"I didn't do it," I said.

Nolan said nothing, his pace slow, a step behind me, his gait a signal of how sick he was of me, how disappointed. I stopped and turned around.

"Why are you even here with me?" I mumbled.

He looked at me. "I want an explanation. Why would you do that?"

"Nolan, don't you see? I took those paintings. Any sane person would stop and question others, not replicate the paintings."

He shook his head and took a step back. "I really don't understand your talks anymore. I get it. Shay might have played a role in that washroom thing. But this...they can't really do anything without Vicky knowing, the club, I mean. He's the President."

"There's no way he would have known, no way. I could hardly tell the difference. Shay's manipulating him. Don't you get it, Nolan?"

He sighed. I was tired of these sighs. He thought I was a liar, all because of her.

"Nolan, pl-"

"Shh." He looked over my shoulder.

I frowned and followed his gaze. Vee walked down the stairs with his bag hanging on his shoulder. I was surprised he hadn't left already.

"What did you do?" He asked, approaching us.

Nolan and I exchanged glances.

"What did she do?"

Vee narrowed his eyes at Nolan. "Stay out of this."

"No," he replied back. "You stay out of this. Hasn't Shay done enough?"

I suppressed a groan. He had to say that, didn't he?

"What do you want, Vee?" I said, my voice full of strain. "Just say it. I'm already exhausted."

"As if I am surviving on Red Bull."

"I don't doubt that," I said.

Nolan glanced at me and I shut it right there. He was tired of this and shit hadn't even started.

"Do you have anything to do with the paintings?" Vee asked.

I played dumb. "It's your club who did the brilliant work."