Chapter 17 (Part 1)

Chapter 17 (Part 1)

Every bitter word I speak injects a poison in me that you're supposed to feel.

Vee

26th April 2019, Friday
11:30

It happened too fast. I vaguely remembered seeing Rishab's picture and his sudden proclamation. I remembered Hardik shouting my name. After that, everything was a blur. Rishab pounced on me like a wild dog.

"How dare you? What gave you the right to do this?" He spat on my face.

I was lying down, pressed under his awfully huge body.

"I should've known. I thought you were bluffing."

Someone called our names. I turned to look around with my blurred gaze. Where were the bloody teachers when you needed them?

"Stop," I managed to say. "Rishab, stop."

His fingers wrapped around my throat. I tried to push against the ground to get up. He snarled and moved his knees up to my arms and pressed them into my palms.

"Rishab, move. You're hurting him," Hardik came and tried to pull him from his shoulder.

"You stay out of this, Hardik." His hand left my neck momentarily and pushed Hardik away.

That was enough to gain an upper hand. I hit his head with mine which took him by surprise. He stumbled off me. I got up and glanced at Hardik.

"The teacher," I said and he nodded.

Turning back to Rishab, I shook my head at his state. Roles had been reversed. He was pinned to the floor by one of my classmates while another held his hand. I waved at them to leave him but maintained my distance.

"It is quite stupid to pounce on me in my class," I said with a smirk. These people knew me and not him.

He glared at me and got up. I sat on one of the tables and raised an eyebrow at his advancing movements.

"If I were you," I said, "neither would I attack someone in the class, nor anywhere else in a school that is under surveillance all the time."

That didn't stop him.

"You did this," he said.

I looked over his shoulder to Hardik. "Seems like a teacher is coming."

The coordinator stepped inside the class and took a look at everyone. "Everyone, on your seats. Your teacher may be a few minutes late but don't you have books? Open them and put something in your thick heads. Don't peep out of the class."

His scrutinizing gaze finally stopped at us. "What are you doing here, Rishab?"

He shrugged. "Accompanying Vee."

He slurred at 'Vee' and I could not help but smirk. Did he seriously think playing Kiara's card would help?

"Vicky," the teacher said. "You are supposed to go with Rishab to the reception."

Rishab slung his arm around my shoulder, lightly grazing the side of my face where he hit me. "Let's go and give you to the right people. Were you ever afraid of cops as a little child?"

"When my father tried to scare me in the name of traffic police to wear my seatbelt, I got out of the car and gave an officer standing across the road a melted chocolate that has been in the pocket of my jeans since half a day. He happily took it." I put my arm over his shoulder, making him take his arm off me. "Lead the way."