Chapter 17 (Part 2)

Chapter 17 (Part 2)

Vee

26th April 2019, Friday
15:10

Fools, sometimes, got those things done which intellects failed at. I just was not sure who the fool was, Rishab or I. I would not entirely call him stupid, he had his reasons to shout my name but his current flustered state agitated me. What kind of boyfriend was he if he could do nothing but stand in a corner as this girl accused Sameer? I was taken by surprise by her claim.

"He won't." Ashiamma twisted her face at the sour taste. "Your mother needs to cook more often. This is too good."

"Are you sure?"

"Yes, she is-"

"No." I shook my head. "Are you sure Sameer will not leave?"

"He throws a tantrum every time he comes, threatens to leave but when I go back at home, I see him munching onto something. He is all bark and no bite."

"He didn't do it," I said despite his promise to do it in the morning.

Rishab spoke, "Did you not hear him?" His watery gaze met mine.

"I know he did not do this. You've known him better than me. You tell him if he is capable of doing this." I said, looking at Shay's phone.

I avoided looking at her because if I as much as glanced, God help me, nothing would stop me. She had barked shit and had walked out on us, yet here she was defending me.

"I am not saying Sam-"

"Did you read her note?" I asked her, making her stop in between.

"She did, Vicky," Roy replied.

"What did it say? I don't remember exactly but I'm pretty sure she wished you a good life. I am not sure if I can allow that to happen."

"You are threatening somebody in the police station," Mr. Singh reminded me.

I turned to him. "Me? No. I'm simply reminding people of the things they're forgetting." I wanted to pounce on this man. What does he know about us? The fact that Shay looked everywhere but at me further infuriated me. Just like the last time, and before that, and before that.

Shay sighed. "Look, I have no intention of interfering with your affairs but I thought this was necessary. Kiara kept on replaying the tape. It did not look like she was going to hand it over to you."

"What were you doing in her house in the first place? Last time Ash took both of your names together, she said you pushed Kiara out of your house," Rishab asked.

Shay did not reply but stared at me. "You'll see. All of you will see."

She got up, picked her phone and walked out. I had seen just enough, Shay. Just enough.

"Is it safe for her to walk around?" Mr. Singh questioned.

"Why don't you record that from her phone?" Roy said.

Mr. Singh nodded and went after Shay.

Roy turned to us. "What is the possibility that this is connected to Ashiamma?"

"What happened with Rishab? No, it is not connected to her. Shay? I don't have to answer that," I said.

Rishab stayed quiet in his seat. He was most probably thinking of Sameer. My chest felt heavy from various emotions. I had the chance to warn him after Sameer's clear words that luckily did not come on the CCTV but I chose to let it slide. At the same time, as half of me was sympathetic to him, the other half of me wanted to ask me how betrayal felt. Did it spread through his veins in less than a minute or did it take time, creeping its way? Maybe he would go home half dead, would eat and drink but not feel it. Everytime he would look at his reflection, he would want answers. His heart would scream from revenge but it would secretly forgive Sameer. His ego, that fed on the fact that somebody was enchanted by him, would roar and claw at his skin and leave wounds that only Sameer could heal.