The sounds of his fists banging on the door tormented her mind. She tried telling herself that it was for his own good. That if he didn't cooperate and if she didn't get results from him soon, Dr. Richard Grant would deem his existence too risky and terminate him. After all, he had other projects he deemed to be more worthwhile.

Richard may have created him, but she raised him and she would be damned if she let him die. She wouldn't let that happen, she just couldn't. He could bang all he wanted, nobody would hear him. Or so she thought.

~Later that day~

Dr. Grant was furious.

"You let her see the Subject!" his voice seethed through her desktop monitor. A security guard had reported the footage to him before she could cover up her mistake.

She sighed, "Well it wasn't purposeful, I-"

Dr. Grant cut her off, "So you're telling me that an intern just waltzed into one of the highest security facilities we have?"

She felt the back of her neck begin to prickle with beads of nervous sweat, "N-No sir!" Then she thought for a moment "...well kind of..." she swallowed when she noticed his steely grey eyes narrow at this and she tried to ease his bubbling anger.

"Miss Hall found Dr. Simmons security badge and used it to gain access to Section 3. Don't worry, I have already fired them for their incompetence. It won't happen again sir, I swear!" She finished, hoping that it was enough to convince him she had this under control. He entrusted her with this project a few years back after he decided to focus on other things.

Dr. Grant huffed. "Better not, I've trusted you with the subject. I don't have time to come over there and clean up your mess. Do not let me down again or I will be forced to terminate your little program." Even though a screen, his cold voice sent shivers down her spine.

She took a deep breath, preparing herself for her next few words. "Sir, actually I think we could use this situation to our advantage." She said, pausing when she saw his face knot together in scrutiny before adding, "If you saw the footage, surely the subject's interest in the girl is something we cannot overlook."

"Of course he is intrigued by her! He's on the cusp of manhood and Miss Hall is the only girl he has seen who isn't 40+ years older than him. It's basic biology," He huffed before pausing. "Though now that you mention it...perhaps you are right, maybe we can use your little mishap to our advantage. I've never considered the possibility of reproducing the subject, but the results would certainly be worth researching..." he said, his voice trailing off in thought.

Jeanine's eyes widened. "Well, that's not exactly what I mea-"

"Good," he suddenly stated, cutting her off again. "It's settled. She has already seen the Subject, so I am leaving it up to you to have her understand why she should keep her mouth shut."

"Of course sir. Miss Hall won't tell a soul, I'll make sure of it," Dr. Pierce promised, her voice portraying more confidence than she felt.

"Very well. Have her transferred at once. I think it's time Mrs. Hall is introduced to real science don't you?" He added with finality that silenced any thought she had about refuting him. The last thing Dr. Pierce saw was his face contorting into a crooked smile before the monitor went black, signaling that he had hung up.

"Yes sir," She mumbled to the dark screen. With a sigh, she leaned back in her chair and let her mind wander to the new intern who was either too curious or too stupid for her own good.

"Oh Miss Hall, you have no idea what you have gotten yourself into," She whispered ruefully to the walls of her lonely office.

————————————————————
Hey beautiful people!

Got a Dr. Pierce POV chapter today which I feel is long overdue.

My friend designed a new book cover. Let me know what you think :)

Stay safe everyone and happy reading!