Privacy (Rosa Diaz X Reader)

PROMPT: Rosa has a fiance with a baby but no one at the 99 has any idea until the two visit for lunch one day.

"This was nice," Y/n said as she began packing up her daughter, Ruby's, bag. Rosa was bouncing Ruby in her arms and occasionally making a silly face. "We should do this more often." Rosa set the toddler into her stroller before giving her a kiss on the cheek. "Hell maybe, Ruby and I can meet your coworkers."

"Absolutely not," Rosa said before Y/n could say any further, "My coworkers don't even know I'm engaged. Or have a toddler"

"Do they even know your name is Rosa?" Y/n joked.

"Maybe," Rosa began, "maybe not." she shrugged her shoulders. Y/n looked back at her fiancee skeptically.

"Well," Y/n coughed in awkwardness (not knowing how serious Rosa was), "Maybe when you tell your coworkers your real name maybe we can meet them." Y/n pulled Rosa in for a quick kiss. "I'll see you at home." With that, the two women went their separate ways. With Y/n walking back and Rosa taking her motorcycle. Not long into the walk, y/n heard her phone go off in her purse. While digging for her own phone she noticed that in the end she accidentally grabbed her phone as well as Rosa's.

Y/n silently cursed to herself and considered calling Rosa's precinct to warn her about the fact. Rather than call Y/n decided she'd drop Ruby off at her mother's house and take an Uber to drop off the phone.

Y/n exited the elevator and looked around before her eyes landed on a tall muscled black man. He walked over towards her.

"How may I help you, ma'am?' he asked.

"Um," Y/n looked around, "I'm looking for a detective Diaz."

"Of course, this w-" before he could finish speaking a random thinner white man with brown hair walked over to the two of them.

"Wait a second!" he called out. "No one ever asks for Diaz directly. Mainly because she's scary and mean." He stalked over to her in curiosity. "How do you know Diaz?"

"Well," Y/n held up Rosa's phone, "She left her phone and she probably needs it." Y/n wanted to be as vague as possible since Rosa was such a secretive woman. But there were a million plot twists in her story. Like how could Y/n find out she was a cop from a phone case? How'd she have known the phone belongs to Rosa? All Y/n can really do is hope neither of the men pressed on either of these questions.

"How did you know Diaz works here though?" Busted.

"Well," Y/n tried to make an excuse, "Rosa and I-" she stopped right there.

"You and Rosa?" the skinny man edged her on.

"She's a friend of mine," Rosa said from behind Y/n. She held out her hand and Y/n gave her the phone. "We had lunch together and I forgot my phone."

"Yeah, that's what happened."

"That's funny," another voice called out. Out came a woman with brown hair.

"What's so funny, Gina?"

"Well," Gina took a picture out from behind her back, in the picture was Y/n, Rosa and Ruby. "I was digging through everyone's things to see if they have any candy and I found this." she handed the picture to the taller man who then passed it to the shorter one.

"Um," Y/n tried to make an excuse.

"She's my fiancee," Rosa declared. "That baby is my daughter her name is Ruby." She snatched the picture from Gina and stood on a chair, "I'm engaged. I have a baby! This is the only time you can react, anyone who comes up to me about this will be kicked." with that, she stepped down and went over to Y/n and pulled her to her desk.

"That was surprising," was all Y/n could bring herself to say, "Knowing you, I'd expect you to die and leave in your will BTW B99 precinct I have a wife and daughter" Y/n joked.

"That's what I did though," Rosa replied, "not in those words, but that's the gist of it."

"Why am I not surprised?"

This lowkey sucked.