All I ask (Elena Alvarez X Reader)

REQUEST: "can you write one with Elena from One Day at A time where she is dating the reader but friends with Syd. When Elena asks y/n to the movies the reader thinks its an actual date but when Syd shows up the reader is furious. After the movie Elena and the reader go back to the Alvarez house Elena asks whats the reader why she was quiet on the drive home and the reader tells her that the reason why was because she feels abandoned bc Elena has been spending more time with Syd then her which then leads to a huge blowout between the reader and Elena which then leads the reader revealing something dark from her past when she has a panic attack thinking about it again but Elena assures her that she's not gonna leave the reader"

(I'm not adding the panic attack partly because panic attacks are shitty and I don't want to completely describe it because I used to have them so yay)

Warnings: talk of racist and homophobic people but like, not the worst thing

----

Y/n found herself pacing back and forth as she waited for Elena. After both being busy with general school work and SAT studying, they had finally been available to hang out. Y/n wanted to be a supportive girlfriend because she knows how stressful testing can be stressful. However, after weeks of virtually nothing from Elena, Y/n wanted to hang out. Even if it's just a "date" where they stay at the Alvarez house and binge watch television.

Once again Y/n looked down at her phone to see if Elena had texted her. She was about ten minutes late. Lucky for her the movie wouldn't start for another fifteen minutes, but they agreed to go to a fast food place to grab a bite to eat. Y/n refused to be a jealous and annoying girlfriend. Y/n excused Elena's tardiness on traffic.

After another five minutes Y/n, who was only paying attention to her phone, heard the laughter of her girlfriend. She looked up before noticing her girlfriend walking towards her. In excitement, Y/n bounced up, straightened her outfit and walked over to her, before she stopped when she noticed what she was laughing at. Syd. She didn't bother to keep walking once she saw the two of them.

"Hey, Y/n," Syd called out.

"Hey, Syd," Y/n said as she pulled on a straight face.

"You ready to see (movie)?" Elena asked.

"Yeah, I've been waiting to see it forever. Honestly, I was just gonna watch it illegally when I could." Y/n joked, "Ready to go?"

Y/n wanted to have some sort of conversation with Elena and maybe even Syd. Unfortunately, during the minutes before the movie, all Elena could really focus on was Syd. Every once and a while Y/n would attempt to bud in, but every single time she tried, the conversation would go back to having their conversation before Y/n gave up and just waited for the movie to begin.

---

After the movie ended, Syd's mom came to pick them up while Elena and Y/n were picked up by Lydia to take them back to the Alvarez household.

"Oh my God, Y/n," Elena said, "wasn't that amazing?"

"Yeah," Y/n practically hissed. Elena was taken back by y/n's curtness. With that, Elena ended up talking to her grandmother while occasionally attempting to make conversation with Y/n. However, every time she did, Y/n's attitude was the same. Curt and seemingly angry. Once back at the Alvarez home, Elena pulled Y/n to her bedroom. In the background, Y/n heard Penelope yell about keeping the door open.

"What's wrong?" Elena asked.

"Nothing," Y/n said.

"No, clearly something is wrong." Elena sat down on the bed and patted the seat next to her. "So tell me.

"Fine," Y/n took her seat next to Elena, "well, I assumed this would be a date. And then you brought Syd. It's not like I don't like Syd either. They're cool and a good friend. I like Syd's company, but lately, it feels like I've been the backup person. Like 'oh Syd not available I guess I'll hang out with my girlfriend'. It's like you don't even want to hang out with me anymore."

"I'm sorry, but I don't understand why you don't hang out with your other friends."

"What other friends Elena? Huh? The people at my school are either homophobic or racist. I hate those people. They're not my friends. It's not like you can't hang out with other people. But, Elena, it's been forever."

"Well, I'm not obligated to hang out with you."

"When did I say you were?" Y/n asked, "when did I imply that you need to hang out with me? Why am I the ass for simply wanting to spend time with my girlfriend?"

'That's not what I'm saying,"

"Alright, Elena. What are you saying? Explain, in every detail." as Y/n continued speaking, both girls heard her voice begin to crack.

"I-" Elena felt lost for words, "I don't know what I mean."

"Ok, then Elena. What do you think you mean?"

Elena sat and thought to herself for a couple of seconds. "I mean Y/n I love you so much. More than I can say. I don't mean to make you feel ignored or alone."

"I know Elena, it's just I love being with you. And I feel like I'm putting more into this relationship than I'm getting out lately."

"I'm so sorry I made you feel this way," Elena said before pulling y/n in for a hug, "I don't mean to. I really like hanging out with you and, I promise, I'll try to make more of an effort."

"That's all I can ask," Y/n kissed Elena on the cheek, "I like Syd, they're amazing. I just want to actually do stuff together as a couple more often."

"I understand, I'll try to do better."

"Thank you so much" Y/n once again pecked Elena on the cheek, "wanna catch up on Supergirl with me while I'm here?"

"Sure," With that Elena went to find her laptop