28

_____

It's only been a week. And I still haven't came out of my room. I refused to go to school and they canceled the football game Friday due to the concern.

Everyone has been texting me but I haven't been responding. Colby is staying with me through out the day and always keeping me on call while he's at school.

Everyone has been texting me their simpathy but the funny thing is. Barely anyone talked to her. Our gang was really her only friends and now everyone acts like they've been friends for years.

It felt unreal. I wanted to go back in time and just change it.

Jasmine moved out of the state to get away from everything. She hasn't spoke a word to any of us and she didn't even attend the funeral.

Colby has been trying to get me back to school and I want to go back it's just I don't think I can.

I feel like I am wasting a week of my life in my tears and watermelon though.

Though, today is the day I've finally decided to get my life back together.

____

"Hello everyone. Today we are gathered here today to talk about the death of Mckenna Vowels. A lot of you knew her as my co captain of cheer squad and personally my bestfriend. And to watch her take her own life because of heartbreak is traumatizing. But we need to keep moving on in our lives even if we lose people. So for that purpose principal Elle said we are skipping semester finals for senior year and we will be going into christmas break tomorrow. Thought the first day we come back we will be starting back sports, academics, and all clubs. Thank you so much for your time" I say walking down from the podium to the cheer room to start gathering my stuff for break.

"Hey girly. You doing better today?" Kat asks walking into the locker room sitting next to me.

"Yeah. I think I just have to start putting everything back in the past" I say to her while finishing up all the cleaning.

"Good. I'm happy that you are" she says.

I look over to her face and smile while I keep cleaning up the lockers.

I drop a Pom Pom and bend down to pick it up when I look at Kats hand.

It had the most beautiful ring on her ring finger of her left hand.

"NO WAY" I scream

"I was waiting for you to acknowledge it" Kat says.

I grab her hand and look at the ring is awe.

"He gave it to me last night. He said that it's a promise ring." She says.

"What's the promise?" I ask looking up at her away from the beautiful silver ring.

"That he'll turn it into a proposal ring!!" She squeals.

I scream in excitement and we get up and we both dance in celebration.

"So how are you doing with the whole McKenna thing? I mean you lost two of your bestfriends." Kat says as we both sit back down.

I lay my head on her shoulder.

"I think I'm doing better. I don't know I just woke up this morning thinking I should put everything in the past now." I say looking up to her.

"Well I'm proud of you" she says.

Kat helps me clean the lockers out while we laugh and dance to the music.

I'm happy now. I just need to get over everything that has happened to me.

____