His once knitted eyebrows rose high. "Me? Are you sure?" his voice was quiet as he asked.

"I would appreciate it, but it's really up to you, I don't want to for-"

"I'll stay," he said firmly.

Something in Olivia felt relief because he chose to stay. Maybe she wouldn't have a single nightmare if she was next to him. Maybe.

They climbed under the covers in her bed. At first they both laid on their backs stiffly, an awkward air filling the room. Olivia was not comfortable but didn't dare move. It was the same situation for Stiles. Too scared to move. In theory the situation seemed nice and comfortable, that is if the two gathered their courage.

Olivia had enough. If they were going to sleep, she was going to do it comfortably.

"Are you comfortable?"

Stiles didn't move his head. "Yeah."

"Don't lie."

She heard a sigh. "Okay, I'm not the most comfy."

Now that it was out in the open, Olivia remembered the night she and Stiles had stayed up watching the star wars movies together. Scott had come in and woke them up, resulting in Olivia curling up next to him. It was the best sleep she'd ever had in her life. Every now and then her mind would wander to that night and how special it was to her.

Taking a chance, Olivia started to move, shifting on her side and then scooted closer to him. Stiles was rigid, just like last time, simply observing how she got closer and closer to him. Everytime he thought she would stop and lay still, he would be proven wrong until her head was laying next to his chest. Her breath could be felt on his side.

To Olivia, she finally felt like she could doze off now that she could feel him, the dent he made in the bed, his breath, his subtle heart beat, she loved it. She held back the urge to move closer if that was possible, but she wanted to give him some space.

Before she knew it, sleep had taken hold of her and she drifted off next to Stiles. It was the fastest she'd ever gone.

He could hear her breathing get heavier so he knew she had fallen asleep first. He was still a tiny bit uncomfortable, but was still frozen. He didn't want to wake her up, so ever so gently, he lifted her head and laid out his arm, turning on his side. He shifted her head into his arm and into his chest. Now he was comfortable.

He didn't know it was possible to feel this at ease. He didn't want to question what he was feeling, only pushing it far away for the time being. His chin rested lightly on her head and he instantly fell into a deep sleep.

☾☾☾

"You know, Olivia."

She awoke with a start, her heart beating so loudly in her ears that they could burst any moment. Her hands felt cold cement underneath them, a hard floor, eyes fever tot running around the place where she was.

"I want you to know I'm not done with you yet. Much more is to come your way — or should I say our way." The body of the dreaded voice crept in the shadows of the place, making Olivia panic in her spot that she couldn't run from.

Suddenly the scenery changed right before her eyes. She was now in a yard of abandoned property. It was night and from afar she saw the creature that made her heart fall to her feet.

It walked up the middle of the yard, Olivia paralyzed with fear, subjected to only watching it limp closer. What happened next was so quick she couldn't process what was happening. The mummified figure pulled a sword out from its own chest and in one swift movement, it tore through her own stomach.

She couldn't move, couldn't breathe, couldn't feel anything other than the unbearable pain that spread quickly through her stomach.

The bandaged creature laughed in her face. "Take this as a warning. Don't pull any more stunts, don't think you can escape me because you can't. Feel this pain?"

She sure as hell could feel it.

"If you try to hide from me, one of your friends will be on the other side of this katana, not you." and then it had the audacity to smile while Olivia bled out.

rewritten

I'm so sorry for my own character. 

And this chapter was barely a thousand words when I first made it. I tried to make it longer but it didn't. so sorry my friends.

erm anyways cute cuddle to make up for it though!!