Brett X Dancer!Reader (Part 2)

"Let's get started?" She held her hand out to me.

I took her hand and she pulled me towards her.

Reader POV

I don't know where I'm getting all this confidence to do this to the person I've been crushing on for years. I guess it just felt like I shouldn't waste this chance that I was able to be with him.

As he took my hand, my confidence dropped, and my mind suddenly snapped back to reality.

I'm with my crush, on a rooftop, teaching him how to dance, he asked me to prom to be his partner. Is this a dream?

My face turned into a million shades of red, and I could feel all the blood rush to my face in a matter of seconds.

"Y/N, are you okay? You're all red..." Brett said, snapping me out of my thoughts. His face was extremely close to mine.

"Oh! Sorry..." I whispered a bit and backed away.

"It's alright." Brett smiled.

"Anyway, " I continued, "I'll start teaching you now. Ready? I'll separate the choreography into four parts."

"Yep!" He replied enthusiastically.

So then I start teaching him the steps. He seems to be picking up on the steps and rhythm really well.

"Is this your first time dancing a waltz?" I asked him, curious.

"Well, yeah. I don't really dance." Brett let out a small laugh.

"I see. You're doing great by the way! Not bad for a beginner, hehehe." I joked a bit.

*Time Skip*

We were already near the end of the routine by around 5:30 p.m. which was when the sun started to set. It set a golden glow on the both of us. Took a 3-minute break at 3:27, and now were back at it.

I played the track once again, past the start of the third quarter of the routine.

Brett POV

It was already sunset. After the break we continued to practice. I was now holding her right hand with my left, and me right hand on her waist. Her left arm was on my right shoulder.

"Let's start at the fourth quarter of the routine since we're almost there." She told me. But she wasn't looking me in the eye, but it looked like she was thinking of something.

When the fourth quarter of the routine started, I instinctively pulled her closer to me. Her eyes snapped to my face, and we stopped dancing. Both of our faces lit up, the sunset making the tint of our cheeks much more obvious.

I mustered up my courage, and put my lips near her ear and whispered.

*Time skip to the night of prom*

It's currently 4:53p.m. I'm finally ready to go to prom. I'm wearing black slacks (slim fit), a white dress shirt, a silver blazer, and a black bowtie. My shoes were black and a bit pointed at the end.

Prom starts at 5:30 so I still have time to get some F/F (Fav Flowers) for Y/N. So I run to a flower shop and get 3 F/F (Y'all know what that means...). After that, I arrive at the university gate with 15 minutes to spare, so I wait for Y/N.

Reader POV

I'm on my way to school wearing (outfit of your choice). My hair was in a beautiful updo and had my F/F sticking out at the bun part. While I was on my way, my mind flashed back to yesterday on the rooftop, when Brett whispered something in my ear.

*Flashback*

Brett leaned towards me, and I quickly shut my eyes.

"I... like you Y/N..." He whispered.

My eyes shot open and I blushed and felt like all the air in my lungs were knocked out. Brett backed away a bit and place his forehead on mine.

"You don't have to answer me. I... just felt like I needed to finally tell you." He said, smiling very meekly. "Thank you so much for today Y/N. See you tomorrow night."

He then left. I was just standing there, too stunned to move or speak. I let go of a breath I unconsciously held.

He likes me, too!? Since when? Why me? I thought he would like someone who's a musician like him?

My thoughts flooded with questions.

*Flashback End*

As my flashback ended, we arrived at the school gate. I walked out of the car and spotted Brett. He was in his tux and a black tie, holding some F/F. Brett's head perked up when he saw me. We both just kinda stared at each other taking in the beauty that was in front of us.

He walked up to me and handed me the flowers. "You look gorgeous Y/N." He said looking me straight in the eye.

"Brett looks so good." I thought, and blushed. (For the millionth time)

"Th-Thank you... You don't look bad yourself." I giggled a bit, but I couldn't look him in the eye.

We went inside just in time for the program to start. As the sun started to set, behind the school, everything was once again set into a beautiful glow.

*Skip to the dance part of prom*

(A/N: Sorry, I'm not really familiar with proms, ehehe)

It is now currently 7:50 in the evening. The sun has completely set, and the stars and moon in the sky was all we could see.

The entire department was dancing the waltz to the Sleeping Beauty Waltz. While Brett and I are dancing, there is this completely different air between us. We were dancing in sync, but we both could tell there's this element making it uncomfortable.

And finally, when I couldn't take it anymore, I pulled Brett outside to the back of the auditorium, where no one would spot us.

"Y/N, what's wrong?" Brett asked me seemingly worried.

"I... I need to tell you something, Brett." I said softly, my eyes directed to the ground.

I gathered up all my guts. Here goes nothing. "Brett... I love you. I don't just like you, I love you." I looked into his eyes, searching for the same feeling that I am feeling.

His eyes widened at my statement. He looked me back, and softened his gaze. There it was, the same feeling I was feeling. Deep in the pit of my stomach happiness was bubbling up so much that I can hardly contain it.

"I love you too, Y/N... so much." Brett leaned towards me. I closed my eyes, as I felt a pair of lips on top of mine. He kissed me softly as not to overwhelm me (which isn't really working but oh well). I cupped his cheeks with both of my hands. We both let go of each other after a minute.

I hugged him, and he hugged me back.

3rd Person POV

But what they didn't know is that there was someone who saw them. Two someones.

"Damn, finally." One of them was Eddy.

"Finally came around huh." The other was F/N (Friend's name).

They were both behind the water tank.

***************
A/N: Halluuu! So I actually posted this on Monday ehehe, Sunday was pretty hectic here at home so I only started writing then...

Anyway, hope you guys enjoyed this one! Feel free to request too!

Luv you all!