Look in the Past

Izuku Midoriya was always smiling, he was young and like every kid, he wanted to be a hero. But, unlike most kids, he was Quirkless, leading to everyone to look down on him.

Because of this, his -well what he thought to be- friend, bullied him, cause he was "weak". His own mother, after finding out he was without a Quirk, didn't even have a faith in him.

But even so, the boy never stopped smiling, even if he was silently burning.  But life hated him, somehow finding a way to make his life worse. And this was the worst it could've done to him.

Izuku dragged his feet against the concrete of the sidewalk, he stared down at the path with glazed eyes, his left hand holding the strap to his hero decorated gray bookbag, on his shoulder. He roughly wiped at the tears falling down his face, wincing when he touches a fresh bruise. He sniffed as he approached his apartment building.

The ten year old placed his shoes at the door, before walking into the living room. "Mom?" He called, gaining the attention of his mother who sat on their sofa. Though he was confused, as a male with green hair sat next to his mother.

His mother stood, turning to face the confused boy. "Izuku." She smiled, though it seemed forced, "come here, I want you to meet someone." Inko, his mother, waved him over, her fake smile never leaving her face.

Izuku slowly walked over, his eyebrows furrowed in confusion. He looked at his mother, before taking a seat on one of the chairs, away from the unknown man. His mother continued to smile at him, the smile seeming even more forced as the seconds ticked by.

"Izuku, this...this is your father."

Those simple words should've made the boy jump for joy. Instead, he wanted to curl up and die. And it seemed his so called "father" wanted Izuku to as well. The male's dark eyes glared at Izuku, causing the boy to avoid looking at him.

"I'll leave you two to get to know each other....I'll be in the kitchen...." Izuku played with his thumbs, his eyes locked onto the carpet below, as his mother exited the room.

Things were silent for the longest time, the only thing heard was the clanking of pots and pans in the kitchen. Izuku could feel the glare of the man, though he didn't look up not once.

He didn't know this man.

His father? No this man was a stranger to him.

"So Izuku...." The voice was deep, and full of darkness, causing Izuku to flinch. "What do you like to do?" Izuku was quiet, unable to speak. He could feel the annoyance radiating off the man, at his silence.

"I-uh....like to....watch videos....about All Might." He answered, his words tripping and breaking as he spoke.

"Foods done." Izuku couldn't have moved faster, rushing to the kitchen, the stranger following.

He didn't know what to think of this man. Everything about him scared Izuku. And knowing his luck, there's a reason why.