Why?

Izuku hated the fact his brother gave him a babysitter, "for backup". He cared for Tomura, but it doesn't mean he has to like any of his ideas. But he knows it's only rational, heroes were searching for them, they had to go about things carefully.

Shoto was confused, he didn't understand what they were doing, or why he was asked to go with Izuku. And he currently wanted to ask the male a question, that bit at him the longer he waited.

"Deku." Izuku came to a stop at the sound of the deep monotonous voice. Shoto hadn't even realized he called for him, his mouth simply moved on its own.

Izuku stared at him, his empty emerald eyes meeting with Shoto's turquoise and grey. "What?" His voice came muffled, from behind the mask, though his voice was soft, it still held the zero emotion he wanted to show.

They were silent, as Izuku's eyes began to show his annoyance in the situation, Shoto unable to speak his question.

Why?

He's never been one to back down from something, or even hesitate.

So why does this boy, make him so nervous to ask?

Maybe it's the fact he knows nothing about him. Or perhaps it's cause he'd regularly return covered in blood.

Was he scared?

That's not right, he hasn't shown fear, since the last time he trained with his father at twelve.

So why did he make him nervous?

He didn't know, and he didn't like it either.

Izuku was growing impatient, deciding the male wasn't going to say anything, he turned continuing down the alleyway. Though Shoto stayed in place, his eyes glazed, lost in thought.

They both didn't expect it. The sudden question.

Izuku didn't think anyone would find out, or why he asked. He thought no one had found out, no one knew, but Kurogiri and Tomura, and of course All For One.

And Shoto, he didn't understand why he asked, where it came from. He didn't understand why he said it. Maybe it was the annoyance and impatience he felt for himself. Or the knawing of the question just grew too much.

Why?

"Who's Hisashi? And what's with the list and scars?"