Charms

Moonbyul POV

"Wait! Unnie! ..um im lost.." i said to an older girl who seemed to be in highschool. She had her back faced towards me. She turned around as she heard my cries.

"What's wrong?" She asked, her face wasnt visible to me. Everything was dark, i was scared.

"Im lost.." I said again..

"Are you sure?" She asked. "Is it really you who's lost? From what?"

"I-i..." i looked down at my tiny feet as i fiddle with my fingers, what exactly was i lost from? Im i really lost? Or what am i finding?

"I.. dont know.." i answered. The darkness of the place we were in started to fade away, revealing her face. A bright smile was plastered on her. I felt my eyes twinkle, it was like magic. My worries and fear washed away, it felt as if i was found.

"Dont worry.. You'll find it soon. Just wait. I promise." She said and turned her back from me. As she did, everything went dark.

I didnt want to stop looking at her yet. Her face, her smile. It still lingered in my head, though its not infront of me anymore. My fear swallowed me up, fear of not knowing why, fear of what could happen from now on.

"Wait! Unnie!" I called out to her once more, hoping she'll turn back and smile again. I dont want to stay in this darkness anymore. Please..

She didnt stop, she didnt flinch, she kept moving forward. I ran towards her, she wasnt far from me, but i couldnt seem to reach her.

"Wait Please!! Im scared!" I stopped running as it was useless. I mumbled the last part of my statement. Embarrassed that a girl like me is afraid of the dark, afraid of getting swallowed by the unknown.

"wait.." i mumbled hugging my knees and crying onto them. Darkness enveloped all over me, her face and smile still plastered in my thoughts.

-

"Aah!!" I screamed as i got up from my bed. I was breathing heavily.. i touched my cheek which was full of tears. It didnt stop rolling down. Wh-what the hell?!

That was a dream?

Her face was still clear in my head. Chubby cheeks, long black beautiful hair, a mole on her right eye just bellow her eyebrow, a wide smile. I remember it all but i felt it slowly starting to fade away.

I wiped my tears away and got up to get ready for school. As i did, i could no longer remember what she looked like.

I would always have the same dream at least 3 times in a week. And everytime it happened, i would have a small amount of time where i could remember how she looked like, then after it just disappears from my memories.

Those dreams started since i was still elementary, all the way to the end of middle school. Everday that i would have that dream, i wake up to myself crying and screaming. But those dreams stopped as i reached highschool.

I didnt know why.. it just disappeared.. everything. My memories of the dream, the girl that i saw, everything.

I entered Highschool like a new born baby. No worries, no bad dreams, no memories. It was all new to me.

I immediately made friends with two girls in particular, they were childhood bestfriends which was pretty cute. They were such dorks and always seem to have fun in any type of situation. Im happy that they accepted me in their little group, though it still feels like im the one left out, they've been together for a long time. But they still try to have me join in which im very happy and grateful for.