twenty nine - the final confrontation

I'm trapped. In a prison cell, in a foreign aircraft, with no means of getting back home.

The panic's already set in.
There's no going back.
I'm past the point of no return.
Way past it.
I've lost my sanity, every last bit of it thanks to the stress of the situation I'm in.

My hands are locked in place above my head, my legs dangling, barely scraping the floor with my toes. I'm in a hopeless situation.

No, no, no. I can't let this happen again. There's no way I'd let myself get to this point again.

Calm down, just breathe. This is fine.

No it's not, I'm going to DIE!

No.
Stop.
Think.

Take a good look at your surroundings, Gwen. There's a silver lining hiding somewhere in this cell, you'll need to be calm enough first in order to find it.

"Alright, let's do this—"

The swish of the doors swinging open startled me, shutting me up quickly as I watch a figure dressed in a black skin-tight suit with short greasy brown hair.

"Hi Gwendolyn."

"Tammy..." I sneered, balling my constrained fists. "You really can't let the past go, huh? You can't just let my family live in peace? You're that miserable with your life—?"

She chortled. "That's hilarious coming from you."

"You gave me good reason not to trust you. It only took me one red flag, just the one, to know you had other intentions. For a 'secret agent', the bad vibes you gave off were just through the roof—"

"Shshshshshsh!" She put one of her greasy sausage fingers up to my lips, pressing them shut hard.

"You know, some dry shampoo will fix that little problem of yours real quick—"

She punched me square in the gut, momentarily knocking the wind out of me and making me short of breath.

"That pathetic excuse for a family is the least of my current concerns. You know who it is I want..."

I furrowed my brows at her, shooting her the iciest of glares.

"He's outsmarted you dingbats before, he'll do it again! What makes you think he'll come for me?"

"Oh, he'll come. We know he'll come, Mrs Sanchez." Tammy cackled. "After we capture Rick, we'll have him lobotomized right in front of you before discarding you into space. Mr Sanchez is going to service his sentence one way or another. Oh believe you me, I'd tear this place down brick by brick just to get my hands on that slippery son of a bitch again."

Tammy smirked, pinching my cheek. "Enjoy the rest of your miserable little life!" She strolled out of the cell, letting the door slide shut behind her with a whir and a thud.

I immediately got to work trying to swing myself up so my feet could touch the wall opposite of me, my cell was just that small. Tapping the sole of my shoe, I opened it up to expose a secret compartment that stored a file that I kicked up into my hand.

I missed....

.... shit.

.......

... thank God I've got a spare file.

I attempt another kick, it successfully reaches my left hand which I start violently filling away at the cuffs. It took me a while but I finally broke free out of my first restraint. Filing through the second one was much easier as I was getting anxious and a lot more impatient, so I began to tug at it until I bridge free.