"You don't remember?" He questioned, his jaw clenching firmly. I noticed that he was dressed in the same suit as before, just without the jacket and the sleeves of his shirt was rolled up to his elbows; revealing his tanned muscular forearms.

I saw a sense of confusion in Alaric's eyes, as I looked back at his face, he looked at me worriedly. I shook my head and groaned in pain as my head started to throb. With my free hand, I brought it up to my face noticing the bandage that was secured to my wrist. My hand skimmed over my forehead, the skin felt tender and slightly bumpy.

It was only then that I tried to sit up, looking down at my body. I was dressed in a hospital gown, my right leg was hoisted up and a cast was placed around my femur.

My eyes widened and I breathed in and out erratically. My eyes darted all around, noticing that I was in a room that resembled something like an infirmary. Only this hospital room looked expensive and private. I was hooked up to a monitor with an IV in my hand, and I noticed that clear liquid was being pumped into me. No doubt that it was probably fluids of medication.

"What happened to me?" I asked Alaric, turning back to look at his face. I couldn't stop the tears brimming in my eyes, my emotions felt all over the place; uncontrollable and erratic.

"Valerie..." he breathed my name cautiously. "you went through heat. Somehow, your body reacted to it badly, and you shifted into your wolf."

My hand started to shake as I tried to process what Alaric was saying to me.

"The doctors say that because the heat took over your body abnormally," he paused for a second and then continued "it triggered something within your wolf, to think that your life was at risk."

"I'm not sure what happened but you broke through our bedroom wall and fell down the stairs. As you fell, you shifted back into your human body, so you've sustained a lot of injuries," he said slowly. I watched as Alaric took a breath in, his eyes seemed dark as if he was angry. "Injuries that wouldn't have affected your wolf body had you not shifted back."

He rubbed my hand the whole time that he had explained, but it didn't provide me with any comfort. It didn't soothe or relax me, instead, it did the opposite. Everything that I was suddenly feeling for Alaric was the mate bond. I could feel the connection between us, but it had occurred in a way that was dangerous.

"What?" I breathed out, I could feel a panic attack coming on and so could Alaric, as my monitor started to speed up along with the pace of my heart.

"Sweetheart, you need to calm down." His words came out sharp.

Vaguely, the flashbacks of what had happened entered my mind, the memories of my bones breaking and reshaping over and over again. I was alone throughout the whole process...

My eyes shot open, my body felt overheated as painful shots of an overwhelming sensation were being pummelled into my stomach. I gasped in pain, clutching at my aching stomach. A twinging feeling convulsed through my bones and all I could hear was cracking and all I could feel was that my insides were on fire.

A wave of agony hit me, sending me falling off the bed and landing hard on the hot laminated, wooden floor. Everything was hurting, right down to my very core. Heat filled desire engulfed me, burning me through my stomach and through my pelvic area. My skin felt raw and sensitive.

With all my strength I dragged my body across the floor, with every second a heat filled stab impaled my lower stomach. My body writhed with every stab, as painful desire built up within my pelvic area. I tried to focus through the pain and get out of the suffocating bedroom, The floor itself felt heated, as did the thick sweaty air. Every time I blinked and closed my eyes, I could see the flames from my nightmare, edging forward; surrounding me but never touching me.  My senses were on overdrive, my nose burned, my eyes were watering, even my ears felt blocked and deafened. I couldn't hear a single thing apart from my cries and screams of agony. The room was dark, only dimly lit up by the full moon. I could barely see anything, through my watering eyes but I had no choice but to fight through it.