Chapter 29: Through the Time

Start from the beginning

It's bad enough that she's practically with three high school volleyball celebrities, they're all attention magnets, and they're being loud and rude? Y/N silently prays that they'll shut up soon.

"Can you three please shut up?" Y/N whispers as they all ignore her.

"The setter might not be the best, but still that was a damn good toss. Too bad the scrub didn't hit it properly." Atsumu shrugs in disinterest as he continues observing the match.

"Then compliment the setter rather than trash talkin' the other players!" Ojiro groans as he facepalms, coming with the twins was a bad idea.

"Hmm... Actually, 'Samu."

"What is it, 'Tsumu?"

"I like their uniform pattern, ours is kinda plain..."

"Now that you mention it, yeah it is. Should we ask the school to change our uniform?"

'They're not even paying attention to the game anymore... They're just discussing the team's uniform...' Y/N and Ojiro mentally deadpan, they're very close to reaching the end of their patience.

"I won't tell anyone if you beat 'em up." Y/N whispers to Ojiro as he sighs.

"I just want to stop sufferin'..." He mutters as he solemnly looks off into the distance. Y/N sighs at his dramatics as she gazes into the distance as well. The whole team's filled with drama queens.

Taking out her phone, Y/N takes a picture of the twins bickering over which patterns and colour schemes would look best on them, sighing as she sends it to a friend.

'Watchin' the Qualifying Rounds but these idiots are arguing about the uniforms... Is Tokyo much better?'

She instantly gets a response.

'Don't taint my phone with pictures of Miya, I can feel his germs through the screen. Although, Tokyo isn't much better. I have to deal with Komori.'

~  ~  ~  ~  ~

"Thank you for the match!" The Inarizaki team bows to their opponents as they start packing up from their practise match.

Now that school's started again, the team's been consistently training for Hyogo Prefectural Qualifiers for Spring High while also trying to balance their studies. Usually, third years would consider quitting whatever clubs they were in at this point, but the volleyball team's third years are so mature and responsible they're balancing their priorities very well.

In complete contrast, some of the second years are struggling to keep up with their studies, not that they necessarily care. Y/N sighs to herself as she helps the teams pack up, they'll have to hold group study sessions soon.

"Do you need help with that?"

Glancing behind her, Y/N smiles politely at the player of the opposing team. "Oh, it's fine, thank you for offering though."

"Are you sure? I can help." He smiles gesturing to the piles of towels and bibs she's holding. "I don't mind. I'm sure you can handle it, but it doesn't hurt to help."

"Oh... Um, I guess that's true... Thanks." She mumbles as he takes the towels.

"It's all good~ Man, your team is really great! I can really tell how much you guys must practise!" He cheerfully exclaims. "It kind of inspires me to work even harder, suddenly I feel like I'm too much of a slacker... Oh well."

"Yeah... the team really makes you wanna do your best, don't they?"

"Yep~ Especially your setter guy! I mean, when he's not insulting you to your face or glaring at you, when he's playing you can really tell he's really passionate." He laughs. "His dedication is amazing! And... uhh, hi?"