Epilogue

I'm sorry master, but I'm not coming back.

Those words, along with so many others, echoed inside Ahsoka's head as she walked through the streets of Coruscant, tired, hungry, cold, and lonely.

She had been essentially betrayed by the Order. She was framed for bombing the Jedi temple, and almost nobody believed her! And when she needed them the most, the council turned their backs on her and expelled her. She trusted them, and she expected that same trust in return. She never got it. She had just been... tossed aside, by who she considered to be her greatest friends. And when they asked her back, it felt so... empty. She felt so... betrayed. People she thought she could trust... they just... turned her back on her.

In a way, Barriss was right. The war turned the Jedi into something they shouldn't be: warriors. They were supposed to be keepers of the peace, it was said. But they weren't. All the bloodshed, all the Clone Trooper helmets and Battle Droid heads scattered across the warzone... this wasn't peace.

Ahsoka had left everything behind. She had no reason to stay, except for maybe her master. But why would she? Anakin was a good friend and all, but now, she felt like it would have been... empty, in a way, serving the Order after what they did to her. So she left. Her master, her lightsabers, and whatever friends she had left, gone.

Now, Ahsoka had to forge her own path. Where it would lead to in the long run, she wasn't certain. But now, there was only one real option to go next.

Back to Onderon, and the love of her life.

Back to Lux Bonteri.

TO BE CONTINUED.

PART 2: "FORGING A PATH" OUT NOW