Chapter 31: Thinking

AHSOKA TANO

"Well, that settles it," said Obi-wan over the hologram, "You'll be coming home tomorrow."

Ahsoka was yet again in the midst of her routine check-ins, which at this point were just her lying about her time with Lux. Windu was in the middle of a battle, so he couldn't join them this time.

"Yep," she said, "and I'll have enough time to get ready for the voyage to Ilum, too."

There was a moment of silence between the group.

"I... I'm glad I got to stay here," said Ahsoka, breaking the silence. "I saved Lux- er... Senator Bonteri. I feel like I did the right thing staying here."

Then, she noticed Yoda giving her another look.

"Is something wrong, Master Yoda?" Ahsoka asked.

"No," replied Yoda. "Thinking, I was."

"About what?"

"About your destiny." Yoda said. "On Onderon, something happened. Changed you, somehow, it has."

Oh god, Ahsoka thought, Is it Lux? Is he suspecting I'm in a relationship with him!?

Ahsoka tried her best to shield those thoughts from the Jedi in front of her, lest they sense it.

"It must have something to do with my duel with Dooku," Ahsoka said.

"Perhaps," Yoda said, "perhaps..."

Ahsoka looked concerned, and so did Yoda.

"Know what it is, and how it changed you, I do not," said Yoda.

"I don't understand..." said Ahsoka.

"Perhaps, one day, you shall."

Both silently nodded at each other.

Then her gaze shifted to Anakin.

"I can't wait to see you again, Skyguy," Ahsoka said.

"Me neither," replied Anakin. Over hologram, her master seemed so distant, yet so close.

They both bowed, and the Jedi disconnected.

LUX BONTERI

Lux knocked on Ahsoka's door.

"I'm done with the council," Ahsoka said from the other side, "you can come in!"

The door slid open. Ahsoka was sitting there, thankfully not crying about anything.

"Come here Lux," Ahsoka said as she stood up. Lux rolled his eyes. He walked towards Ahsoka, knowing full well Ahsoka was probably going to grab her for a kiss.

Once he got close enough, Ahsoka quickly roped him into a hug and pulled them both down onto the bed. The two laughed and kissed each other, cuddling on the bed.

"Hey, Ahsoka," Lux said, "You can't just kiss me every two seconds!"

"Well, why not?" Ahsoka said. "I'm not going to have much time with you, so it's best to just kiss you while I can. I'm leaving soon, anyways.

Lux's face started to look down

"What's wrong, Lux?" Ahsoka asked.

"I've been thinking," Lux said, "This might sound crazy, but what if you... what if you just... stayed? On Oneron? With me? And... we can live together in secret?"

Ahsoka began to look a little sad.

"Lux," she said, "I wish I could. But... I would be giving up on so much. I'm... I'm still a Jedi. Or at least, I hope I am. I just... I can't, Lux."

"I... I understand," said a somber Lux.

"Don't worry. I still love you," said Ahsoka. "You're so perfect, after all."

"Thanks. I just... I just want to spend more time with you, that's all."

"It's okay. I just... I just have my duties as a Jedi, and you have yours as a Senator. It would never work out if I stayed around."

They both shared the same sad face for a moment before they hugged each other.