Chapter 28: Aftermath

SAW GERRERA

Saw stood in one of the hallways in the Unifar temple near the front door. Suddenly, Saw heard the door burst open, so he went to check it out.

He went and saw Ahsoka panting and carrying an unconscious Lux. 

"Saw!" She exclaimed.

"Wh-wha? What happened!?" Saw asked.

"Just get a medical team in here, please!"

"Okay!"

Saw pushed a button on the commlink on his wrist.

"Yes, this is Saw," he spoke into the comm, "We need to get a medical team down here. What? No, it's the senator."

Within moments, a few medics came down and took him away.

"How?" Saw asked, "how did it happen?"

"It was... it was Dooku! He tried to kill Lux!" Ahsoka replied.

"Wait, Dooku? Dooku was here?" Saw said in utter shock.

"Yes, he was," Ahsoka replied, "but he ran off."

"Wait, he ran? He ra- did you defeat him?"

"Yes. I don't know how I was able to, but I bested him. I bested Dooku."

AHSOKA TANO

Ahsoka contacted the Jedi council in a hurry. The images of her Jedi friends flared to life.

"Guys," she said, "guys, I need to tell you something!"

"What is it," replied Kenobi over the hologram, "and why does it seem so urgent?"

"It's.. it's Dooku," Ahsoka managed to squeeze out, "I... I bested Dooku."

"What? How?" questioned Windu. All the Jedi had shocked expressions on their faces.

"Well, I was acting as Lux's bodyguard while he went to go get something to eat," Ahsoka said, trying to hide the fact it was supposed to be a date.

"And?" replied Windu.

"Well, we walked in, and it looked like there had been a shootout. There were upturned tables and chairs everywhere, and corpses all over the floor. But then we realized some of the corpses were impaled, implying they were struck down by lightsaber. We tried to leave, but Dooku trapped us in there. Lux tried to shoot him, but Dooku force choked him, and Lux fell unconscious. And then, I ignited my lightsabers and fought him. I manadged to evade him, and I used my agility to my advantadge. I guess the slow and old Count couldn't keep up with that. And then, when he realized he was losing, he ran off to a shuttle and flew off."

For a few moments, there was nothing but silence, until Anakin spoke up.

"Snips, I'm... I'm proud of you," he smirked.

But the other three were taking it more seriously.

"I don't understand," said Windu, "Dooku has rarely lost a battle. And for him to lose to a padawan, well... that's got me thinking. Your master, who is far more powerful than any of us, has fought Dooku on several occasions, and he was never able to defeat the Count. Say, did you by any chance... act out in anger?"

"No," lied Ahsoka.

"And why exactly do you seem to be with Senator Bonteri a lot? You aren't spending any personal time with him, are you?"

"Hey," chimed in Anakin, "I just talked to her about this. She's fine. She's just bodyguarding."

"He's right," replied Ahsoka.

"I am... still skeptical."

Ahsoka heard a Commlink beep on Windu's wrist.

"I have to go," said Windu, "I'll contact you later."

He disconnected and his hologram turned off.

"Well," said Kenobi, "guess the Count isn't as strong as we made him out to be. See you soon, Ahsoka."

Kenobi then disconnected.

"Good luck, Snips," said Anakin

"You too, Skyguy," Ahsoka responded before Anakin too disconnected. 

Only Yoda's image remained. He looked Ahsoka, thinking about something. Just when Ahsoka thought Yoda was going to say something after being silent this whole meeting, he disconnected too.

"What was that for," Ahsoka said to herself.