Chapter 7: Anakin's Concern

ANAKIN SKYWALKER

Anakin was sitting in his quarters meditating at the Jedi Temple on Coruscant. He didn't really like the practice that much, especially since not many visions seemed to come up from it. Master Yoda always said to have patience, but that was something that he wasn't really good at. He was always the odd one out in the Order, and was known for his somewhat rash and impulsive behavior. He hoped none of his bad qualities had rubbed off on his padawan Ahsoka.

Ahsoka. He wondered what Ahsoka was doing right now. He had been somewhat concerned about her closeness with Senator Bonteri,  So he let his mind drift off as he tried to image what Ahsoka was doing right now.

He heard... laughter. As the image slowly came into view, Anakin was able to see a somewhat blurry vision of Ahsoka and Senator Bonteri talking and laughing while sitting on a wall, presumably the one at the edge of the city of Iziz. In the background, he could only somewhat  make out the outline of what appeared to be two Rupings, reptavian creatures he had seen on Onderon.

Then, a thought struck Anakin's head.

Oh no, he thought, this reminds me too much of my trip to Naboo with Padmé before the war broke out...

"No," he said out loud, trying to break his vision, "I can't look!"

His eyes flashed open and the vision dissapeared. He was back in his quarters.

"I gotta tell Obi-Wan about this," he grumbled to himself.

OBI-WAN KENOBI

Obi-Wan was walking through the hallways in the Jedi temple when he heard running footsteps behind him.

Oh, it's just him again, he thought.

Sure enough, his former padawan, Anakin Skywalker, came darting from behind him.

"Hey, Master," said Anakin, in his normal light-hearted and happy tone.

"What is it now, Anakin," Obi-Wan replied. The young Jedi Knight had a habit of getting himself into trouble. At this point he wouldn't be surprised if Anakin had somehow let a wild Gundark into the temple.

"It's... about Ahsoka," replied Anakin, "I'm afraid she's growing attached to Senator Bonteri."

This being a serious matter, Obi-Wan was forced to drop off some of his humor.

"Are you sure," replied Obi-Wan.

"I... I had a vision while meditating. It was of the two talking and laughing with each other. They seemed.. close. Too close." Anakin began to talk in a lower tone, "I just... I just feel like I would have failed her if she went ahead and broke a really big Jedi rule."

"You worry to much, Anakin," Obi-Wan replied, "She's fine. She's one of the strongest padawans we have, she would never break any major rules. Besides, it's just like that one time with you and Senator Amidala on Naboo."

Anakin looked somewhat concerned. Obi-Wan noticed he was probably thinking about that trip to Naboo he mentioned, and seemed somewhat distraught, so he put his hand on Anakin's shoulder.

"It will be alright. Ahsoka knows the rules."

"Hey, Master Kenobi," Anakin replied, "can I ask you a question?"

"Go ahead."

"When you were protecting Duchess Satine with master Qui-Gon, did you have any moments like that?"

Dammit, he thought, He brought up Satine again.

"Listen, I had my fair share of moments with Satine, but I can tell you I did not form an attachment," he lied. The reality was, he did have feelings for Satine, but he knew not to ever bring them up. Not with her, not with the council, and especially not with Anakin.

"Look, Anakin, I'm telling you. Ahsoka is fine. Just stop worrying so much."

"Okay, Master," Anakin said, walking away.

Oh, the things he brings up some times, Ob-Wan thought, banishing all thoughts about Satine from his head.