Chapter 12: Ahsoka's Denial

AHSOKA TANO

It was once again time for Ahsoka's daily check-in with the council.

"So, has the assasination attempt happened yet?" Asked Windu.

"No, but I did witness a robbery," Ahsoka replied, "Some Gotal attacked and robbed innocent civilian, and I had to help him out. I stopped the robbery and helped the police arrest him."

Anakin smirked. "Good job, Snips. I'm glad you're helping out others when necessary."

Windu, however, had a different inquiry.

"where were you when the robbery happened?" Windu asked.

Ahsoka's stomach did a little flopping. If the council thought she was spending too much personal time with a senator (which she was), she could face some sort of punishment, or at least a boring talk-down. So she came up with a little half-truth.

"I was escorting the senator in the Malgan Market when it happened. The vision took place on a balcony, I believe, but I just tagged along just in case." 

"It's good to hear that you're protecting him," replied Windu, "However, I need to know, what have you been doing with him? You're not getting too close to him, are you?"

"No!" Ahsoka denied adamantly. "It's not the Jedi way to form attachments."

"Good," said Windu. Good thing he didn't ask any further questions, or she would have had to come up with a bigger lie, and the council would have sensed her dishonesty by then.

"We'll check in with you tomorrow," said Kenobi, "Tell us if something has happened by then."

"I will," relied Ahsoka.

The Jedi bowed and disconnected. For once, Anakin didn't stick around to give her a pep talk, which was nice.

Then, she realized something.

I just lied to the Jedi Council, she thought, am I... have I gotten too close to him?

She kept trying to shake off her feelings for Lux as she had before, but she was unable to do so. Her thoughts kept drifting to Lux. Once you got to know him, he was a bit silly, clumsy, and rough around the edges, but he was also quite handsome and likable. Yet there was something she felt around him. Something that she didn't feel with even her closest friends. Not with Rex, not with Kenobi, Not even with her master. It was a certain closeness with Lux that made her want to stay with him. 

And then, finally, Ahsoka accepted the reality of what she felt for Lux.

She had broken one of the biggest rules in the book when i came to being a Jedi.

She formed an attachment.

She had fallen for Lux Bonteri.