3: Febreze My Lotion

Shocker, no Isabella today, I think to myself.

Right now, Mariana and I are in the library for sixth period. We could go home but I didn't drive today, we actually walked. Which, believe it or not, is a 20 minute walk. I'm def going to regret this decision on the way home. The heat will literally melt me; it wasn't hot this morning so I wasn't thinking about. Ugh.

"So bebita?" Mariana asks smirking slightly.

"So what?" I ask raising one eyebrow.

"Grayson" she says with her smirk turning more into a smile.

"What about him?" I ask (fake) cluelessly.

"Isn't he a total babe" she asks bumping my shoulder with hers.

"Babe isn't the right word. He's perfect in basically every way. He's beautiful, smart, nice smile, jawline to cut paper..."

"Hey guys" Grayson says sitting down across from me.

He looks at me smiling and I politely smile back. We stayed like this until we were interrupted.

"Manz approaching, at 8:00" she says warning me.

He sits next to me and puts his arm around me.

"Hey Mariana" he says smiling at her. 

She gives him a forced, fake smile and waves.

"Hey Ethan. I thought you were in Marine Biology this period?" He says confused.

"I'm not Ethan, I'm Grayson, his twin brother" he says putting he hand out for a handshake.

"There's two of y'all?!" Mariana questions excitedly.

"No, there's one me and then there's one Ethan" he says.

"Well anyway, nice to meet you bro. I'm Emmanuel, or as they call me, E Man"

"I call you retardo" Mariana says not looking back down at her book.

He chuckles, "Well, most people do anyway. Although, she calls me daddy." he says smirking at me.

"Stawp it." I say blushing.

"So you guys are dating?" Grayson asks. Kind of saddened.

"The cheer team captain and the quarter back. Of course we're dating. No other way for it to be" he says cockily, "hottest guy and girl in school belong together"

"Hottest, please, my abuelita's mild salsa is hotter than you" Mariana says scoffing.

"Welp, looks like we've had our fun but I best be going" Grayson says quickly leaving the table.

"Yeah Imma head out too. I gotta go to the nurse." E says getting up from the table.

"Why do you have to go to the nurse?" I ask.

"See, I'm not smart like you guys. I actually have a class this period. I'm skipping but if I go to the nurse, she'll give me a pass and it'll look like I was there the whole time" 

"Big brain" I say chuckling.

He chuckles lightly "Alright babe,I'll see you later. Bye Mariana" He says kissing my cheek and then waving; ultimately leaving.

"OMG Mariana what am I going to do about Grayson?" I say contemplating everything.

"Do you still have feelings for 'E Man'" she says using air quotes around 'E Man'

"Did I ever?" I ask to mostly myself.

"You did." she says simply shrugging.

"Well, I don't anymore. I feel like we're only together because we're 'supposed' to be. We're the movie couple. I don't wanna be the movie couple"