2: Bill Cosby- The Comedian Who Touched America

"Alright on three we look at our schedules and one by one say which class we're in!" Brody says.

This has been a tradition for us ever since sixth grade. There was only one year when literally none of us had a class together; eighth grade was the worst.

"Ap Lit first both A and B days" everybody nods and smiles, "then Ap Calculus on A days" I say but sort of asking to see who else also has this class on A days.

"Which period?" Brody asks.

"2nd?" I said but like asked hopefully. (I hope you know what I mean)

"Yes!" he exclaims.

"Okay yay!"

"What do you have second period on B days?" Mariana asks.

"JROTC" I say smiling.

Then she smiles back indicating she also has this class. We both laugh for a second.

"Why are you in the stupid program army thing anyway?" Braxton asks.

"Okay first if all it's Navy" Mariana corrects.

"And second of all", I add, "JROTC is not stupid mkay? I could get a full ride scholarship to UCLA if I'm in ROTC in college and get this they'll pay me a monthly stipend. They're paying my full tuition plus room and board AND all I have to do is be a student. After that, I'll start my career as an officer in the Navy. Nothing about knowing what I'm gonna do in the future sounds stupid to me." I argue.

"My bad" Braxton says putting his hands up in defense then Brody shoulder bumps him and they laugh slightly.

"You guys are total brutes" Brody says.

"I think that words a tad strong to be used in this situation yeah(?)." Mariana says.

"No, you guys are total savages on poor Brax's feelings" Brody exaggerates.

"We only have five minutes before the first bell can we please get on with the comparing of schedules?" Mariana says clearly aggravated.

"Right. Anyway JROTC on B days, Spanish 4 on A days as well. Oh, and I have C lunch on both days. And my semester classes this semester are forensic science and anatomy and physiology as my fourth and fifth block classes on B days and my fourth and fifth blocks I have free on A days."

" I basically have the same classes as you except for the sciences and ROTC." Braxton explains.

"Same here" Brody adds.

"I have all the same except ROTC on A days and honors Cal on B days." Mariana says sadly, "Damn that Mr. Myers. If only i had studied for that final" she says laughing the last part.

"Didn't I tell you" I say nudging her shoulder.

"O-M-G guys I'm so pumped for this year. I mean think about it, this is our last first day" I say smiling cheekily and throwing my hands in the air because I just do not care.

"Bebita, for my, and your sake, please never do that again" she says lowering my arms and shaking her head in a disapproving manner.

After that we all laugh and talk the last minute and some change before the bell rings about some fun things that happened over the summer.

When we get in to the classroom we automatically sit with each other.

The teacher walks in after the second bell rings and by then we've all calmed down.

"Don't get comfortable everyone, you're getting new seats. I made the mistake with my last class of letting them choose their seat and they did nothing but talk talk talk. This year you guys are going to actually learn something. So everyone up and line up against the back wall" she says in a very monotone voice.