4. I Could Have Made You Stay

She is now successful, rich, and had married to another rich fellow. That was everything that Lord Portley-Rind had always wanted for his Winnifred, and she had gotten them all for him. Had accomplished all this, just for her father.

She hopes when he looks down at her, he's the proud father that she always wished to have.

Winnie made her way towards her huge and empty bedroom, filled with expensive but unnecessary decor everywhere. She's old enough to buy and own everything she wants, she's 60 for god's sake.

But she's alone, and lonely.

She had it all, yes, but is all of this was what she truly wanted? If Eggs was only here with her, he would be so proud and happy for her right now.

Winnie sighed, a small tear running down her wrinkled cheek, as she remembered all the times she had with him.

She entered his room with a slight frown, as she was greeted with a sight of him doing something on his worktable. It was around early evening when she arrived at his house.

Her father had recently scolded her for getting a low grade on one of her subjects, and right now, all she really needed was comfort. Eggs was the only person who knew how to do that.

"Ooh, what are you doing there, sweetie?" Winnie asked Eggs, wrapping playful arms around him, making him laugh.

"Ah, it's a small project that I've been currently working on," he replied, as he continued to do whatever he's doing. Winnie watched his movements closely, gently resting her head on top of his.

She was always fascinated by his talent. His father was a wise man, and she could clearly tell where he got his skills. Winnie kissed the top of his head lightly, making him sigh in content.

"You've already worked so hard today babe, why don't we go out and eat something first?" Winnie tried to ask him, as he placed the tools he was holding on his workplace table.

Oh good, she has his attention.

Eggs turned his head towards her, giving her a playful smirk. His hands immediately found her hips as he stood up from his seat, throwing her a raised eyebrow.

"I knew you wanted something from me since you entered the room, what is it?" He asked, and something in her expression quickly changed. This made him more worried, as he placed a hand on her cheek.

"Win, what's wrong?"

"Father threw dirty words at me again," Winnie told him, avoiding his gaze, as she sighed in defeat.

Eggs knitted his eye brows. "Is this about the cheese you stole from his office, or is this about something else?" He tried to joke to make the atmosphere lighter, and it worked like a charm as she laughed softly before hitting him on his shoulder.

"You dork," Winnie said while shaking her head, giving him a quick peck on his cheek. "No it's not about that," she sighed, gently resting her hands on his shoulders.

"It was because he found out that I had a failing grade on one of my subjects."

Eggs gasped. "What!?" He removed his hands from her waist, and crossed his arms playfully on his chest.

Winnie gave him a raised eyebrow. "What are you so mad about? Are you gonna scold me too?" Winnie asked him.

"He has NO RIGHT to make my girl sad like that!" He shouted to himself, stomping his foot on the ground angrily, looking at Winnie with a frown. She laughed at him with a wide smile, and he smiled back at her as soon as he saw that smile.