44. I need to confess something to my girlfriend...

To the person reading this, my girlfriend and I are currently on the bed right now. 

It's not what you think. I swear.

So, here I am, frantically typing on the notes on my phone. I'm still trying to comprehend what just happened. Please, it's like 1:00 AM for me. I still need to sleep, but holy shit, I have to note everything before I have a stroke. 

I don't know if I have enough brain power in my hands to say enough, but I'll try my best to compress everything.

By the way, I'm Kubo. 

And the person sleeping beside me is the love of my life, Agatha. 

Never expected that my bookworm high school crush for two and a half years would end up being the girl I plan to spend the rest of my life with, but hey, I'm not complaining. I got lucky with her; I can't even understand Math that much. I looked weird since I only had my right eye and had to cover the hole in my left eye with an eyepatch. But Agatha never blinked; she made sure we were always together. 

That moment made me realize I can't see myself loving nobody but her. (Excuse my cheesiness) Since she helped me graduate, I returned the favor to ask her out. Luckily, everything worked out.

We've been dating ever since.
We don't talk about college. That would make this note longer than it should be.

But long story short, I had to travel back to my hometown in Japan for college, while Agatha had to stay here in the US. Yes, I'm Asian. Yes, we survived a long distance relationship even though it was really hard. Of course, I fly back to the US every semestral break I had, which I gotta work extra hard for. Yes, we graduated on the time we planned. No, don't ask how we did it. Please.

And shortly after all that, we decided to settle down and be live-in partners. We've been like this for over a year now, and I couldn't be happier, honestly.

Until one day, we found a strange cat.

It suddenly rained hard that day. Agatha and I were both caught off guard by the heavy downpour, that the first thing I thought of was throwing my jacket over us, even if it was already soaking wet. 

We took a shortcut down an alley, and that's when we heard a shaky meowing noise coming from the dumpster. Both of us were cat lovers, so we knew we had to check it out. We heard the meowing become louder, and saw some plastic wiggling. 

We had to really dig into the trash to find the cat. We found the poor thing with an oddly shaped stick jabbed deep into his left eye. His black and white fur made it hard to see his shaking body, but he was definitely bleeding heavily. 

Aggie said something along the lines of "we'll just wash when we get home" as an excuse, and urged me to grab the cat so we could rush to the nearest vet. I had to sacrifice our only source of shield from the rain. I removed my jacket, wrapped it around the cat, and carried it as gently as I could as to not add to his misery of an object being jabbed into their eyeball.

After brisk walking for about a couple of minutes, we finally came across the nearest vet. The nurses are probably very confused, but after they saw the cat, they immediately knew what to do. We had to wait for several days and hope that the cat would survive his surgery, so we left. At the time, saving the cat was worth it.

Several days passed, and the news came that the cat survived. Although the vet told us that the stick that was stuck on his left eye was very difficult to remove, noting its oddly shaped form. I can even remember the vet telling us that the stick looked like a smaller version of a wand that came straight out of Harry Potter.

Eventually they called us to pick him up, assuming that the cat is ours. When we saw him and his eyepatch, he seemed happy and healthy. Where else would he go? Agatha and I didn't even think about it twice and just straight up adopted the cat.