25. | LOVELY TIMES

25. | LOVELY TIMES
__________

 | LOVELY TIMES__________

The days had went suprisingly fast for Aelinor with her constantly avoiding Jaime and Rhaegar. There were rumors of Lyanna Stark being Rhaegars mistress much to her disgust. Ever since Rhaegar gave the Crown of Love and Beauty to Lyanna Stark instead of his own wife there had been a very surprising moment. If it was years before the idea of Rhaegar even condidering to do that would make Aelinor laugh. Aelinor was sure that this had all to to about this stupid prophecy. But why give that damed crown? What would that do to help get his stupid prophecy complete. Aelinor was sure that Elia could give another child in a few years. Not even the conquers had been born that close together.

Aelinor spent her time with Elia and Ashara talking about everything other than Rhaegar and what he did. Elia had surprisingly been calm after having cried her eyes out. Whenever someone looks at her she would only look straight forward or smile and never think it happened. A part of Aelinor admires Elia for that. Her husband shamed her and Elia is still strong. Yet, a part of her wants Elia to be mad or even angry. Aelinor wants Rhaegar to understand what he did, and Aelinor can't be the only person to tell him. Their mother had also given him a talk about shaming his wife. And Aelinor hoped that Rhaegar felt shame, considering that Rhaella herself is being shamed by her own husband and brother.

Aelinor knows that Rhaegar is kind and loving. Yet, he is still disappointingly naive. He actually thinks that the Starks, Baratheon and Martells are going to forget what happened in Harrenhal. Robert was furious when he gave the crown of Love and Beauty to her. And the Starks as well, thinking they humiliated Lady Lyanna. And for the Martells well, she can say that they were not happy at all. Oberyn had been furious as well claiming that Rhaegar shamed her, which is true. Rhaegar of course denies it, claiming it was only a crown of silly flowers. Aelinor knows it isn't.

They had arrived back to King's Landing a few moons before and thing were surprisingly quiet and calm, if you don't think of all the burnings her father did. There was ocationgly talks and mummures abut Rhaegar not caring about Elia, which was not true. Ever since the episode at Harrenhal, Rhaegar had surprisingly used most of his time with Elia and the children. Too much time. Well, a father is always with his family but he also had very much to do, and considering that Rhaegar is the crown prince he sould take more time also with his duties. Aelinor didn't complain though. This was the first time Rhaegar actually spent some real time with his children.

Aelinor walked hand in hand with Viserys as he dragged her towards the library, guards trailing behind them watching closely. Viserys had grown so much, he was nearly to her hips. He was very handsome to be his age and had all the Valeiryan features. Aelinor loved his eyes the most. They were the exact replica of her own. Viserys always loved being with his sister and going to the Red Keep's library.  They would pick out books they thought were interesting and fascinating and read them and occasionally read interesting sentences or explanations to each other. Sometimes Rhaegar would join them, where he tries apologizing to her but Aelinor ignores him and just continues reading with Viserys.