09. | PROPHECIES

09. | PROPHECIES
———————————

"Now that , the fucking Lannister boy wanted to be on my kingsguard you would not be betrothed to him anymore"

Aelinor took a beep breath before lifting her eyes up to her father and asked, "Am I going to get betrothed to another man now" Aelinor knew that somehow she would be wed off. It would get weird if Aelinor wasn't wed of at age six and ten. But she knew that even if her father was mad he sertently was not stupid.

Aerys gave a small smirk towards her and shrugged his shoulders like he didn't have a care in the world, "That's for me to know and for you to wonder" Aerys walked back to his desk and only then Aelinor noticed his big change of look. His hair was not silver and shiny; but rather grey and dull and very long which reached up to his knees. His nail was beginning to get disgustingly long too. He seemed more mad then ever. Aelinor began to pity her mother even more.

Not a single glance up at her, "Leave" was all he said but Aelinor was smart enough not to demand what he meant and walked off.

Aeinor always wondered what would have happend if she was born like a normal commoner? Would she be rich or poor? Probably poor. But at least she wouldn't have to marry for duty but rather for love.

Sighting she walked to the gardens to get some peace and quiet. Though that did not last long as she was greeted by many lords and ladies, all wanting to get to know her better. Aelinor had the attraction of most the men but she never found herself feeling the same back. Sure they were attractive but they were all the same, respectful and boring.

Sitting at a bench and watching some birds fly over her she heard someone approach. She turned her head and noticed it was Jaime. Or Ser Jaime now; it was still very hard to remember that he was no longer Lord Jaime or betrothed.

Jaime flashed a big smile towards her and approached her, "Might I accompany you Aelinor?" Nodding briefly with a smile he sat down and watched the birds as she did. "Watching birds now are we? You really are innocent"

Aelinor ignored Jaime's comment and continued to watch the birds as one began flying over to her and on her hand. She smiled softly. She noticed that Jaime quietly took her hand and began stroking it, "You know we don't need to end anything. We could still be together" Jaime asked hopefully though secretly a part of him hoped that she would forget about him. A more stronger and bigger part of him wanted Cersei more than Aelinor. It was always going to be Cersei.

Aelinor gave a sigh back as response before locking eyes with Jaime, "I-I don't know Jaime. I really like you but we would have to break in the end and you know it. It would probably end with us getting our heart broken" If only she knew

Jaime stared at her, "You don't know that" Aelinor was silent. She didn't know what to do. And he was only pushing her more and more.

Jaime was about to speak once more, before he was cut off by another familiar voice.