16. | BLOOD AND MORE BLOOD

__________________

 | BLOOD AND MORE BLOOD__________________

Blood. All Aelinor could see was blood dripping out from the closet. A dead body. A dead man. A dead guard. And she didn't notice until now.

Aelinor screamed and fell to the floor, she didn't notice door was busted open as the guards threw opened the door.

Aelinor crawled away as she stared wide eyed at the motionless body. His dead cold eyes staring right at her, like he could see her soul.

Arms was grabbing her shoulders as Jaime pulled her head into the crock of his neck.

Aelinor cried into Jaime's neck as she clung into his arms, begging for him not to leave her.

"We identified the body" a voice echoed the room, "It was a previous guard standing guard outside the princesses room. He didn't show up at his previous post last night" Ser Arthur Dayne said, obviously worried for his best friends sister and princess.

"Send word to the king!" Jaime's words rung out high in the air, "Alert him that we have an assassin in the castle!"

As some of the guards ran out fast a few stayed to watch over the princess.

Yet Jaime stayed beside her, holding her and comforting her with his words.

"Everything is going to be okay, Aelinor" Jaime's words coed her mind as he was rocking her silently, "Just breathe. And listen to my voice, then this will all be over. I promise."

Aelinor still sobbed quietly and clung into Jaime for dear life. She heard fast footsteps coming into her chambers. They were arguing very loudly.

Then it all snapped for the king. "Tell me how a dammed assassin could get past all the guards and my own dammed kingsguard." The king growled out disgustingly with a hint of disappointment. "I am not even protected from my own enemies at my own home!"

Aelinor flinched.

She turned her head out of Jaime's neck as she stared teary eyed at her father. "Father- your grace" she tried with her weak voice. "I beg of you, please get this body out of my chambers. I can't bear the sight at him"

The king watched his daughter carefully, very hesitant but nodded his head.

"I want this traitor found and brought to me. And i want four of the best guards to stand outside her door." Aerys began walking out of her chambers before facing Ser Arthur.

"And do not dissapoint me again, Lord comander. I can dismiss you as fast as you can say wildfire. One.more.change, Ser Arthur." Arthur looked fearful yet his face cold as he gave a stiff nod, signaling that he would get the command done.