Lucas meets Maya for the first time

•Lucas

I never expected anything good would come out of sitting on a smelly subway, boy was I wrong.

As I was rushing to make the subway on time, I didn't even bother to watch where I was going, leading me to crash into a small blonde figure. Both of us went flying back and crashed onto the ground.

"I'm so sorry," I choked out, "I should really watch where I'm going next time."

I looked over and saw the most beautiful pair of blue eyes staring back over at me.

"It's fine. I wasn't paying much attention either," she laughed.

I carefully stood up and then helped the girl up as well.

"Thank you, um."

"Lucas, Lucas Friar," I stood my hand out.

Oh god. Nobody my age shakes hands anymore.

"Lucas. Well, it's nice to meet you Lucas," she shook my head back, "I'm Maya Hart."

"Beautiful Name for a beautiful girl."

Maya laughed and shook her head, "You move fast. One second you're knocking me over and the next you're flirting."

I blushed at the sudden realisation that I was in fact taking a major liking to her.

Maya laughed again, "Awww its cute when you blush."

"Would it be cute if I asked for your number?"

"I don't know. Why don't you try?"

"Okay. Can I have your number?"

"Nope."

Maya spun around on her heel and walked two steps before turning back around to me.

"I'm just kidding," Maya said, pulling out her phone.