18 || stefan's spa day

↴ 

↴ 

THE EVENTS of earlier that night were still taking a toll on Finch as she woke up. Last night she had driven Stefan, herself and Fawkes to the Salvatore Boarding House too afraid to leave him alone. She and her brother had passed out on their couches, Finch going in and out of sleep. The witch was too afraid to admit to Stefan that she cared about him to his face so she did it with gestures -- staying over, threatening Damon, listening to him talk about Lexi sadly, and just being with him. Her brother had understood that so he stayed with them, not trust in her to be in the house with Damon.

Finch glanced at the clock on the wall, seeing the numbers read three am she sat up. The witch licked her lips as she stood up walking away from the living room making her way up the stairs. Finch pushed open Stefan's door, watching as Stefan turned to face her from his spot on the balcony. The girl sighed, leaning her cheek on the doorframe as he met his teary eyes. Stefan fell onto his bed, hanging his head low as he placed it into his hands. She stepped into his room, using one of her hands to push the door closed.

"Hey." She said softly as she say down next to him, placing her hand on his shoulder

Stefan didn't respond, only shifting closed to her as she gently rubs his back, "I get it." Finch hummed to her friend, "But you can't let it control you, you understand me? I won't let you do that to yourself -- not when I've seen what it does to others people." She gripped his chin forcing her too look at him, "Lexi loved you, okay? And I know that this is not what she wouldn't wanted for you, you know that."

"You are not alone here and it feels like it now -- but you're not because I'm right here, Stefan. And I'm only leaving your side when I die and maybe not even then, okay?" She said, "And trust I'm gonna live for a while." Stefan let out a choked sob as he hugged her tightly which she returned.

"You're not alone."

" ELENA, WHILE I would love to come over -- I just don't want to

" ELENA, WHILE I would love to come over -- I just don't want to." Finch stated over the phone

"Oh, come on, Fin, please." Elena begged, "It'll be a nice girls night -- please."

Finch huffed, as she shoved one of her hands into her pockets, "Elena, I can't. Not tonight, I'm sorry."

"Why?" She asked

"Elena, I got people I need to take care of and things I need to finsh." The witch explained from her spot on Stefan's bed, "And I'm just not feeling up for a girls night tonight, okay?"

"What are you doing and whose the people?" Elena wondered

Finch licked her lips, looking over at Stefan who was bent over his diary, "Uh, my aunt." She lied, making Stefan look up at her quizzically, "She hasn't been feeling well lately and you know I just don't wanna leave her alone."

"Oh, well tell her I hope she feels better then." Elena sighs sadly

"Will do, buckaroo." Finch hummed as she hung up the phone, not meeting Stefan's eyes, "Stop."

"Stop what?" He asked as he crossed his arms over his chest leaning back in his seat

"Looking at me like that." Finch muttered angrily as she looked at him and his dissaproving gaze

"Like what?"

"Like I'm a crap person for lying to 'Lena." She snapped, rolling to lie face down on the bed, "I know in shouldn't have but in just..." She trailed off, sighing, "Ya know?"

"Yeah, I get it, Finch but -- "

"You don't get to use the lying is bad card when you still haven't told her that your psycho ex is her reflection in the mirror."

"I have good reason." Stefan states as he stands up pushing her back onto her back

"Which is?"

His face goes blank, "I -- well -- you are the only person I've ever met wh odious so deep into people's souls are only a few weeks or so of knowing them."

Finch shrugs, "I'm curious."

"Curiousity killed the cat."

"First of all, I'm a bird and second the rest of that quote is 'but satisfaction brought it back', jerkface." The girl mumbled as she closed her eyes, crossing her ankles as she got comfortable

"Oh yeah, just make yourself welcome." Stefan joked as he pushed her lightly

"Shut up." She said she pushed him back

"You shut up." He pushed her

"Jerk!" She laughed as they began to push each other around

"Whatever." Stefan shot back as they moved each other around laughing

Finch yelped as she fell off, gripping Stefan's arm so he fell with her. The startled vampire laughed as he landed on the ground besides her. Finch was laughing at the boy as she closed her eyes, tears falling form her eyes as she did -- the face he made before he fell had killed her. Stefan was laughing with her, tears in his eyes aswell -- her face was priceless as she fell.

"You looked -- " She giggles, " -- like a fish outta water!" She e claimed as her hair fell into her eyes

Stefan gasped as he continued to laugh, "Yeah, well -- well you looked like you just peed your pants."

The two teens fell into a fit of giggles, acting like middle schoolers with their first boy crush. The girl was hold her stomach as she rolled around on the floor in hysterics. Stefan was doing the same -- but without rolling on the floor as hee let out a loud, raucous laughter. They couldn't even breathe they were laughing so hard about such a stupid thing.

"You know something?" Finch asked as they began to calm down but still letting out a breathy chuckle, Stefan shook his head watching as she broke eye contact and looked at the ceiling, "I think that that was the most fun I've had in years, sadly enough." She admitted with a smile, "But it was definitely worth the bruise I'll have tomorrow."

"Yeah?"

"Yeah."

"I'll have to make you get out more." Stefan said as he knocked his shoulder with hers

Finch met his gaze as she grinned, "I'm holding you to that, Salvatore."

"I never break promises." Stefan said sincerely

"You better not."