12 || vicki, matty, and fawkes oh my!

↴

FINCH DIDN'T know how long she had been asleep but when she woke up, the sun was already high hung in the sky. She groaned as she sat up, confused and momentarily dazed, the witch rubbing her eyes, yawning as she pushed off the covers of her bed. Groggily, she stumbled to her feet wobbling as the walked out of her room and down the stairs.

"Fawkes?" She called out, "Clare?"

The older boy perked up from his seat in front of the coffee pot and slowly turned to face her, the dark bags under his eyes prominent, "Hey, sleeping beauty. How'd you sleep?"

Finch examined her brother with raised brows, "Shouldn't I being asking you that? You're eyes have their own eyes." She said as she poured herself some coffee,

"Heh. I've been watching Clare." He said, blinking back the sleep that was fogging his eyes

"Oh." Finch siad as downed some of her bitter coffee before setting it down and wiping her mouth, "Listen, Fawkes, I'm so sorry that I haven't been here, but Elena just found out about Stefan and I was helping her and she know knows what we are and -- "

"Fin," Her brother began with a soft smile, "It's okay. One of us should be helping her. Any news on Vicki?"

The witch sighed, tugging at the elastic top of her plaid pajama bottoms, "Not any that I've heard. All I really know is that she's with Damon and Stefan and she fed from Logan Fell last night. It was awful to watch." She said, "Logan shot Stefan with wooden bullets and almost killed both of us before Damon showed p and saved us, biting Logan. That's when Vicki.... when she drank from him."

"Damon saved you?" Fawkes asked

"Yeah." She hummed, "But I only think it was because if he had left me die you would have killed him."

Her brother nodded, "Of course."

Silence fell over the siblings both of them drinking their caffeinated beverages, before the boy spoke up, "She's getting worse. I know you can feel it."

"How couldn't I?" She mutters as she places her cup on the sink, "I have to go meet Elena. Call me if anything happens, okay?"

Fawkes nodded, watching his sister as she left the room, "stay safe." He whispers sadly, his shoulders falling as he stared at his cup

" He whispers sadly, his shoulders falling as he stared at his cup