Part 36

Jimin's POV

Jungkook took a while inside the store thus I opted to finish the melting chocolate ice cream I bought for him in my hand before it was wasted. I'll buy a new one for him if he wanted it later.

He'd probably wanted to look around and buy something for himself, so I just decided to pass the free time by calling up Taehyung and ask about Minji.

"Hello, Jiminie!" Taehyung's deep voice greeted me from the other line.

"Hi, Taehyung. How's Minji? I hope she didn't give too much trouble to you guys," I asked, hoping that the girl would behave herself while staying with the couple that we were introduced to for not even a day yet.

"Not at all, she's been nothing but a sweetheart. She's asleep now, after working hard decorating our surprise cake for tonight," he informed, and it was a pleasant surprise for me to hear that my daughter was being helpful instead of being a hassle.

"Oh my, I hope she did a great job,"

"The greatest, really. I can't wait to have a baby of my own," Taehyung said dreamily into the phone, and I just smiled, knowing exactly how it felt to be him a few years ago.

"Don't worry, Taehyung. Only eight months to go," I cheered, feeling excited for the man.

"You're right. But I'm also afraid to be honest," he confided, voice small.

"Everything will be fine. I'm sure Yoonji noona and you will become the greatest parents for the baby," I assured, looking at how good he was with Minji today.

"I hope so too, I'll need to learn a lot from you and Namjoon hyung and Seokjin hyung. And maybe Jungkook too. I can't believe he had a baby before me," he chuckled in disbelief.

"It's not his fault, I'm the one who did it to myself and I didn't expect Jungkook to be responsible for Minji's birth," I admitted the truth.

"I'm just glad that he seems happier now and I know that you two are the reasons behind his happiness," Taehyung stated, and I just smiled softly thinking about Jungkook.

"I hope so,"

"I know so. Jungkook today is way happier than Jungkook last year when he came to visit us in between his business trip," Taehyung said confidently.

"Is he?"

"Yes. Oh, can you please bring Minji a change of clothes? She slept in Yoonji's tee because we dirtied her dress while putting the icing on the cake just now," he requested.

"Oh gosh, I do have her extra clothes with me. I'm sorry I forgot to give the bag to you. I'll ask Jungkook to stop by your house after this," I apologized.

"It's okay. She looks so cute in that t-shirt, that Yoonji and I took a whole album of her in it. Take your time, I hope I didn't disturb your date," Taehyung let go of my forgetfulness by bringing up the date-with-Jungkook topic.

"It's not really a date," I denied his statement timidly.

"You wish for a proper date, then? I heard from Minji that you've never gone to a date with Jungkook without her," Taehyung exposed.

"Please don't ask Minji. She'll tell you everything," I begged, regretting telling everything to the girl and forgetting to tell her not to tell anyone about those things.

"The more reason to ask the little girl, Jimin. Minji and I are best friends now. Best friends holds no secret with each other," Taehyung teased, sounding like one of those kids who enjoyed making friends with everyone and having fun attending school everyday just to catch up on every single gossips in high school.

"Oh goodness, Taehyung" I sighed defeated as the man cackled from the other line.

"What's wrong?" Jungkook suddenly appeared by my side, looking slightly concerned.

"You're finished?" I turned to look at him and he showed me the paper bags with the logo of the store displayed on them.

"Yes, is everything okay?" he asked with a small frown, probably assuming that there's a problem from my dreaded tone of voice earlier.

"Ah nothing much. It's just that Minji dirtied her dress while playing in the kitchen and I forgot to give Taehyung her spare clothes," I told him, not exactly lying, but didn't want him to know what I've talked about with Taehyung too.

"Thank goodness, I thought something happened to her" Jungkook sighed in relief and gradually calmed down at the info he got.