5 - Flashback 4 (Jen + Kai = Jenkai)

Flashback 4 (Jen + Kai = Jenkai)

It's been 5 months since the day I confessed to Jennie and up until now, I pretend nothing happen to make sure Jennie is happy. She is back to herself even though I'm hurting. Especially when she told me she met a guy name Kai and now they are lovers. That is how fast she can just move on from me. She told me about Kai 3 months after my confession and that is the second time I cried losing Jennie to some other guys where I have no idea where he came from. Jennie told me about Kai visiting his café when I was not around submitting my work and they just clicked after. Kai continue visiting Jennie until he confessed his love to Jennie. Jennie told me that it was love from the first sight and I smile for her. A really big smile pretending to be happy for her hiding all the heart breaks inside.

I am happy for Jennie but the day I met Kai, I felt something wrong with him. When he saw me with Chaesoo came to see Jennie, he will quickly go to Jennie and kissed her hard like there's no tomorrow. Chaesoo gritted their teeth annoyed with the affections and Jennie just blushed liking what he did. Sometimes when he realizes no one is looking at him, he will always type something in his phone like replying to somebody. I felt something wrong somewhere and I will not keep quiet if he is cheating Jennie but I gave good thoughts that Jennie is happy with him. I might be jealous that's why I keep on giving assumption to their relationship.

Jennie rarely comes back home and spend her time with Kai when she got the opportunity. She is still nice to me and takes care of me whenever she's around but I can feel we are drifting apart. She spends time at Kai's place because I am her roommate and she doesn't want me to see anything. Of course I agree to it because I will just kill myself to see them do it in my room. There's this one time where I offer to move out from the room as we have 3 rooms in our apartment so that she can have the room to herself in case she wants to bring Kai back home but she refused my offer. Jennie told me she wanted to have me as her roommate as long as she can when she is not married yet to Kai. I felt hurt with the word marriage because I am not sure how long I can survive this heart break.

"Lili, you rarely come to the café anymore... Why? You don't like my café anymore?" She pouted and I smiled at her. Truth is, Kai always went there after his work and they will both be all smooching each other in front of me. Kai knows about me liking Jennie as Jennie told Kai about it which I don't feel comfortable about it. We fought the day I got to know about it and Jennie told me she just wants to be honest with Kai. I apologized the next day because sometimes I can get emotional. Kai knowing me liking Jennie will always deepen the kiss or make it longer purposely while smirking at me. I don't like him but I respect Jennie's choice.

"Lili, earth to Lili... helloooo" I snapped out of my dream and just chuckle.

"I don't want to disturb your time with Kai. He doesn't seem to like me being there always for you. Hey! I am still at home doing work and still eating your pastries you brought back home.. hehe" I hid my emotion when talking to her because I don't want Jennie to think I am not happy with her relationship. I want her to be happy, always and forever.

"You are not disturbing Lisa-yaaa.. I like you there with me always. Are you distancing yourself from me?" She looked really sad talking about it and I just waved her off laughing.

"Ani... I will never distance myself from you. You are like my twin sister!!" I purposely told her about twin sister so that we can set the barrier. Because I can't take my heart break any longer and because I am just to coward to move on from her.

"Twin Sister? No... you are not my sister Lili... no way, you are special in my heart you know! And I want you at my café later today, arassooo!" I just nod in defeat because there is nothing I can win from. I got ready and she joined me going to the café herself. Usually Kai will take her but Kai told her that he is busy and will only meet in the evening. I am happy though to be able to walk with Jennie even though our topic is getting lesser every day. She always talked about Kai and I am not interested to listen but pretend to so that she will be happy.

Time goes really fast for the day where I ordered normal pastries from her and continue working on my writings. Then when the clock strikes at 6PM, I saw the devil himself smiling looking at Jennie and when he saw me, he hugged Jennie tightly while kissing her hard like they want to do it in the café itself. I scoffed at that action and Jennie pull herself blushing. I hate seeing that blush because it was not from me. I used to be the one who makes her blush, not anymore. I quickly pack my laptop and make my move to go back. I really hate seeing them together even though I want too. My gut feeling told me that Kai is not really sincere with Jennie but who am I to judge their BEAUTIFUL relationship.

"Nini, I want to go back now, my job here is done!" I winked at her pretending I'm happy with the kissing situation just now and Jennie pouted at me.

"Already?! I thought you want to spend time with me... Kai will spend time here too" I cringe at his name but still smile at her.

"No way I'm third wheeling you. And I know Kai wants you for himself as you guys kissed like there's no tomorrow. Hahaha don't mind me, I know you will not go home today and I don't want you to send me back home. I can do all by myself. Have fun love birds" I said while smiling brightly hiding my tears that will fall if Jennie still ask me to stay because I will. Anything for her and I will not decline her offer. That I know she knows and I really hope she don't use it on me.

I saw how sad Jennie becomes when I said something about the kissing and I just shrugged it away. I pinch her cheeks softly while waving at her saying I'm going home and I will not wait for her. I told her to have dinner with Kai and asked Kai to pay for it. I saw Kai felt angry when I told Jennie about treating her. I know she always use Jennie's money to out dating. Sometimes I saw how empty Jennie's wallet can be and I will add some money so that she can be happy to date Kai the next day. She once asked me about it but I deny saying it's her money and she tend to accept it. I guess love can make her stupid.

The moment I went out of her café, my tears drop and I cannot stop it anymore. My heart hurt, I managed to turn my head a bit looking at Jennie because her café is made by transparent glass. I saw how happy she looked smiling at Kai and I know I am not her happy ending. She turned to look at me waving when I saw her and looking down as fast as I can while waving at her. I don't think she saw me and I quickly walk over behind her café and cried myself out as it is an empty hallway. Jennie never bothered to look outside too since Kai is there. I felt terrible keeping this so I cried really loud bursting my feelings hoping it will be gone by tomorrow. Suddenly I heard the back door is open and I quickly make my way back home.

When I'm home, I took a warm shower and cry myself inside the shower telling myself to be strong for Jennie and for her happiness because I don't want to lose her. My cries continue before my sleep and Chaesoo knows how hurt I am and sleep with me on the couch soothing me. Jennie is not around so that's okay if my eyes are a little bit puffy. Chaeng bought me chocolate milk to cheer me up and Jisoo bought Thailand snacks from my room to share it together. They even told me to always stay strong for Jennie and never show weakness.

I just cry myself to sleep while Chaesoo soothing me at the living room. I know they are worried about me but I really need to pour out all my sadness and I know I'm going to be okay tomorrow. I cherish my friendship with Chaesoo as they are very understandable.

Both of them don't favour Kai but they respected Jennie and let her be with her choices. The next day when Jennie came back, I was on fever because I cried too much but I told Jennie not to worry and make sure that I'm okay in front of her. Once she went back to her café, I cried again in sleep until I got better by myself because Jennie did not even return at night.

I love her but she loves someone else and if I love her so much, I need to be happy for her. I will try again tomorrow and hope everything is okay.

================================

Hellow Fellow Readers!

How are you feeling with this chapter.

More flashback to come. Please be patient with me.

Don't forget to vote and comment!

XOXO

TinieT4