A wish

(This fanfic takes place in acnl)

Y/n: Your Name

T/n: Town name

You were roaming around your island collecting fruits to pay off your debt.

Your POV

"Oh, this peach is nice!" I exclaimed, picking up the peach in my hand and placing it in the basket with the other fruit I had collected. It was just like any other day in T/n... It's a bit bland and boring, though. My life would not be so miserable if I didn't have all this house debt...

Oh, well...

 As I walked near the river, I suddenly heard a faint voice "Hey! Over here!" I flinched and turned in both directions. My mouth fell open in shock as I saw a Genie lamp appear in front of me. 

All of a sudden a ghost came twirling out! "This is absurd," I think to myself as I take a few steps back... I was too shocked to even speak as Wisp smiled at me. "Hello! I'm Wisp! and I'd like to grant you one wish!" It introduced itself. "Come on now don't be shy!"  the ghost exclaimed.

I thought for a bit. All of this happened so quickly I didn't know what to say. An idea then pops into my mind, "I want to know if someone in this town is in love with me!" I spurted out. 

"Although it sounds cheesy, I really want to know if anyone is interested in me. It's difficult to know if someone likes you when you are the mayor. You have all these people sucking up to you because you run the town. It gets lonely after a while, you know?" I explained. 

Wisp looked at me and smiled, "Your wish is my command! But in one condition!" 

I tilted my head, "And that is?" 

"I am a genie ghost therefore I can see into your future as well! I perceive that casting a magical spell on your loved one will offer better results in your love life." he nods.

I raise my eyebrow, "Oh, what kind of magical spell?"

"That I cannot say, but I can reassure you it will bring excellent results in bringing you both closer." The genie winks at me. Before I can say anything else, the genie then poofs out of existence. I stare at the ground wide-eyed, "Well, that was weird..." 

After that, I stopped at Re-Tail, where I finally had enough bells to pay off my debt! I skipped over to Nook's Homes. (Nook's Home Renovation Shop)

 "Guess who has enough to pay off their debt!" I exclaimed and barged into the shop holding my bag of bells. 

 Lyle turned to me with a worried expression. I frown, "What's wrong Lyle?"

 "It's Tom Nook!" he yells, holding up what appears to be my landlord the size of my palm.  

 "Nook! What happened to you!?" I exclaimed. "M-Ms. Mayor!" Nook stood up being a few inches tall.

My Landlord, Tom, was always seen as having stinginess, grumpiness, and a bad attitude... When I came by to visit the store, he was occasionally very sweet, but nothing too special. However, I had no idea this visit would be so bizarre! Lyle placed Nook on his office table and shouts, "Ms. Y/N, please help us! I don't know what to do!" 

"H-how did this even happen?!" I said, freaking out. There was no way that this was possible!

 "It was just my regular day, yes? Then all of a sudden I shrunk down in an instance!" Tom exclaimed, waving his tiny paws in the air.

"How long ago did this happen?" I ask.  

"Not long ago, a few minutes ago actually! Oh, please help us Ms. Y/n!" Lyle gets on his knees and begs. 

I froze there not knowing what to do. Could it be that this is what the ghost was talking about? No, it couldn't be! I asked him to show me who was in love with me. Not to cast a spell on my landlord. 

It looks like Wisp has made a mistake on my wish. He must be horrible at his job to mess up this bad...