The swings

3rd person POV

"What were you and Mr. Nook talking about?" Timmy takes a seat next to you. 

"Well... it's complicated..." You scratch his head, he takes your hand with his small paws. 

"It's okay Ms. Y/n, we understand." he nods. "Would you like to play outside with us?" Timmy and Tommy's eyes widen into puppy eyes. You smile and nod "Of course!" You run outside with them. "Yay!" They cheer.

Tommy quickly pokes you and runs away. "Tag you're it!" he shouts from afar. 

"Hold on, that's not fair!" You playfully argue. The nooklings laugh as they scramble around the front yard. You chase after them. "Come back here!" You reached out to tag Timmy but only managed to grasp his tail. "Hahaha!" He escapes swiftly. Tommy, on the other hand, runs circles around you and giggles. "Gotcha!" You stretch your arm to tag Tommy. He dodges the tag and skips away "Hehehe!" 

"What the-" You look down at your hands to see nothing. "How did you-" You fuddle. They burst out in laughter. "Hmph... fine then, I'll just have to try harder!" You sprint off and try to get them. 

They both hurry and run opposite ways. "You'll never catch us!" Timmy exclaims. 

"Oh yes, I will!" You run after him. Using all the speed you could you extend your arm towards Timmy. Almost touching his arm... "Haha! I got you now!" You leaped to tag him but in the last second, he scurries away. *thud* You trip and fall on your face. 

The Nooklings gasped worriedly. "Ms. Y/n! Are you alright!?" They hurry over to you. You lay flat on your face, with no response. "M-Ms. Y/n-...?" Timmy pokes you. 

"AHA!" You quickly sit up and yank their arms towards you. "I won!" You laugh and tightly embrace them. 

"Hahaha! No, no! That's cheating!" Timmy squirms. "Yeah! You tricked us!" Tommy wiggles. "Nuh-uh. I won fair and square!" You take Tommy and lift him up in the air. He kicks his legs cheerfully "Wee!" 

"Do me! Do me!" Timmy jumps persistently. "Haha okay!" You set Tommy down and throw Timmy up, catching him in a hug. "Woah, you guys are not heavy at all!" You giggle, setting him back down. They laugh and tug you towards the swings. Following along, they signal you to sit on one of the swings. "Oh me? You don't want me to push you two?" You look at them questionably. They nod "No, no. This will be more fun!" they insist. 

You think for a moment and then look back at the swing. "I have a better idea!" you sneer. 

Moments later you find yourself standing on the swing as the nooklings twist the seat around. "Are you sure this is a good idea Ms. Y/n?" Timmy looks up at you as he continues to turn the swing. "I used to do this all the time when I was your age, it's perfectly fine! Just don't let go until I say so." You nod. After the swing was all tangled up you get ready to hold on tightly. 

"Ok, so when you two let go, try to run at a safe distance. After you let go I'll begin to spin around really fast! As long as I hold on I'll be o-" You didn't get a chance to finish your sentence before Nook opens the front door. "What are you boys-" He stops. The nooklings jerk back in surprise, accidentally letting go of the swings. "W-WOAH!" You try to get a good grip but the swing was already spinning. The nooklings try to run away but their clothes latch onto a part of the swing making them spiral around with the swing as well. "AAAH!" they cry. Nook hurries over to the swing and tries to stop it, but ends up getting his arm caught in the whirl. "OH GOODNESS!" He exclaims as the four you spin along with the swing. All of a sudden the swing comes to an abrupt halt and causes everyone to fall back.

You all land harshly on the grass. "What ever was that about!?" Nook sits up in shock. 

The nooklings giggle as you scratch your head. "My bad!" you cover your face without being able to stop laughing.  Nearly out of breath the nooklings jump up to you "Again, again!" Tommy insists. "Dear me! No!" Nook brushes himself off. He worryingly paces over to you "Ms. Y/n are you alright?" He helps you up. Your face red from laughing so much "I-..." You try to speak. "I- I am so sor-" you collapse. Nook facepalms and bursts out in laughter. "Ms. Y/n!" he wheezes and loses his balance.